This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 12??? (or, Ubuntu 16.04???)

DocB

Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:33:32 pm

I currently use Zorin 11, and was informed that Zorin 12 was soon to be distributed (August 2016?), and that it would be "compatible" with Ubuntu 16.04. However, I left Ubuntu because I did not like its "flavor" and design, as well as not being able to disallow certain updates (I despise Google, Facebook, and other plug-ins). I feel I should have a choice in what I download or update, but there is no way to disallow such updates under Ubuntu.

Now, since I have Zorin, Ubuntu sent an update for 16.04, which I did not download at all.

Next day, the update was called Zorin 16.04.

I am wondering if I should wait for a "true" Zorin update, or is Zorin being taken over by Ubuntu specifically??

Thanks

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:12:37 am

Hi, It is news to me that 12 will be out in August. Zorin is a fork of Ubuntu. With regards to all the things you don't like you're in good company - I covered this in one of my tutorial vids: unable to get link but go to vimeo.com and search for my name under people an find the video with 'tweaks' in the title. As for update to 16.04 go to your update settings and make sure check for latest Ubuntu release is set to never.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... stribution

See the first response with 1 vote after initial post.