This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Switch to Ultimate

Midnight Cowboy

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:32:48 am

Hi gang,

I recently installed Zorin 12 Core alongside Windows 10. I'm now wishing I had installed the Ultimate version and have a couple of questions:

1. What is your opinion of Ultimate v Core?
2. Is it a smooth transition to switch to Ultimate when dual booting with Windows 10, and where can I find instructions to do this?

Best,
MC

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:52:32 pm

All I can say is you need to check my post here so you can see the differences:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12491

Midnight Cowboy

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:33:05 pm

Swarfendor437, thank you for the reply. Nice post and very helpful!

I've made the decision to switch if it's not a big ol' PITA. I'm looking for info on how to switch--is there a way to upgrade from Core to Ultimate? If not, would I need to uninstall Core and install Ultimate, or reformat the disk and start over? I am dual booting with Windows 10.

Thanks,
MC

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:07:34 am

Hi, take a look at Wolfman's post install guide and in particular section on upgrade:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9785

mdiemer

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:30:15 am

Main difference is that Ultimate has many more apps. That, said, I have my share of crashes with it. I'm keeping Core on the other hard drive in case I need to go to back to it. But even then, because I am a premium member, I have better support, so it's worth the 15.00 (a bit more over here on the States).