This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Tried Ubuntu Mate...

mdiemer

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:06:22 pm

I always like to have Ubuntu on my computer, but don't like Unity. I messed things up trying to install KDE and cinnamon, so I tried Mate, a flavor all to itself. It is very impressive. Very stable, attractive and well thought-out. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't like Unity.

As to how it compares to Zorin, well, it's a choice between great and great. I couldn't really say which I like better. I thought it was Mubuntu*, but after being away from Zorin for a couple weeks, and then returning, I am pleasantly surprised. I forgot how beautiful and intuitive it is. Somehow it's always like coming home when I fire up Zorin after an absence. I guess I still consider it my base system. Mubuntu is there in case Zorin crashes, I have another Linux that works.

*I'm not sure if "Mubuntu" is officially its name. I just call it that myself as it's easier than typing out the full name.

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:24:33 pm

In respect of mubuntu Spatry must have spoken to you in a dream! :lol:

https://youtu.be/Bztcmykf0Os?t=156

wait for it!

MBMz10

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:18:53 pm

Guessing you mean Ubuntu Mate as in the title... Mdiemer (I couldn't help myself) and yes it is a nice Distro with many great reviews, I think it has been adopted into the ubuntu family.