This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Which Zorin 12 is most stable?

mdiemer

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:32:38 am

I keep coming back to Zorin 12 Lite (fully updated) as my preferred OS. I'm also running Manjaro KDE and Ubuntu Mate. Zorin Lite is like the energizer bunny, it just keeps and going. After running all three for several months now, I think Zorin Lite is the most stable and easiest to use. I want to install Zorin on my wife's laptop, which is an i5, 64 bit Dell, but am not sure which version. I know Lite runs like the dickens, but she might like Core better. Any thoughts on which has proven to be most stable?

zorinantwerp

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:00:28 am

my VAIO laptop is of 2010 including a i3 processor 64 bit with a 128MB SSD and from experience I can recommend the use of Zorin 12.2 Ultimate version. as I paid Euro 19 for, development of the OS and the maintain of the release, I’m contributing to the project.

a convinced user :)

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:50:40 pm

Don't forget that some i5 processors either won't work with Ubuntu based/GNU/Linux distros or run very slow (Hensyr Wolf had a member of the Belgian forum having some issues). At the end of the day, download the Core version and let her have a play in live mode of both Lite and Core - remember appearances are different too and if you are an ex-Windows User you may prefer the Core version as it is close to that with some Windows 10 (copied Canonical elements) in respect of Activities Overview. And don't forget there are Ultimate Lite versions too! ;) :D

VAIO-Zorin

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:00:38 am

I agree with ZorinAnterp. I also have a 9 year old VAIO notebook and it is running again with Zorin 12.3 Ultimate. I also think is is just fair to pay a little money for this work and also for the premium support. To your question, this version is stable and I had not problems with stability. The only downside is that I still mess around with the lical network setup. This worked in Zorin 12.3 CORE, but not - yet - in Ultimate. I am sure it has something to do with my setup, not with the version.

news4la

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:20:06 am

I am new not even a week old using OS12 Core.Very pleased with it. Using the Win 7 Desktop. It is much easier than Debian. I really cant tell the difference between this and Win 10 but not being tied down with permissions is much better! I notice the names are a little different. When looking at them you can figure out what it is for. Like Synaptic Package Manager. You really don't have to go looking for anything it is right there. I spent a time learning Centos7 for our servers which I think are better than the Win servers we have. So this is easier for me that I have an experience with basic Linux. The Terminal is less fussy than Win Command Prompt. I also use Python which is easier in BASH than Win.Hoping to get better with this! Very good job that you did. It makes it fun again to not have to worry about things as much.