This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Tablet Hardware?

ImpWarfare

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:34:16 pm

Hey,

Was just wondering, with Zorin OS Technologies Group now doing hardware with Zorin OS pre-installed what about Tablet PC's? Will Zorin team up with a Tablet PC manufacturer and create a GNU/Linux Tablet PC so that Zorin can be used on it and with it then defaulting to Touch mode. Was just wondering if there are any plans of this since they're advertising Laptops now with Zorin pre-installed and on the homepage they have a Tablet image shown with Zorin on it.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:11:24 pm

Hi, Just to clarify one point. Zorin themselves don't do the hardware - they are teaming up with manufacturers of computers who build GNU/Linux computers. This removes the guesswork of wondering whether Zorin will work on your hardware - buying a Notebook or Desktop with Zorin already inside makes more sense than struggling with hardware that was designed specifically for other Operating Systems other than GNU/Linux. One of the desktops is specifically for Tablets - this, according to AZorin in another post would enable Zorin to run on an x86 Tablet. I don't know anything about Tablets but I suspect that at some point Zorin will hopefully team up with a GNU/Linux provider who will be offering Tablets with Zorin on in due course - let's hope so! ;) :D

Aravisian

Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:03:50 pm

As an aside, I am running Zorin 12.4 Lite on a Tablet PC that was built for Win XP Tablet edition. It installed flawlessly and has been operating very smoothly with no problems ever since.