This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS is the current Big Daddy Linux distro challenge

esa1975

Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:19:32 am

Hello all. I am part of a virtual LUG called Big Daddy Linux. We choose a distribution to review and then discuss our experiences on both a live stream and in our forums. Over the next two weeks we are reviewing Zorin OS. I just wanted to stop by and say hello and invite you to come and join in the discussion, both on the forum and on the live stream. I personally have been using Zorin off and on and am genuinely impressed with the quality and refinement. I'm looking forward to giving it an honest try over the next few weeks. Thanks for putting out such a high quality distro.

Aravisian

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:37:45 am

esa1975 wrote:Hello all. I am part of a virtual LUG called Big Daddy Linux. We choose a distribution to review and then discuss our experiences on both a live stream and in our forums. Over the next two weeks we are reviewing Zorin OS. I just wanted to stop by and say hello and invite you to come and join in the discussion, both on the forum and on the live stream. I personally have been using Zorin off and on and am genuinely impressed with the quality and refinement. I'm looking forward to giving it an honest try over the next few weeks. Thanks for putting out such a high quality distro.

There are many Distros available that have much to offer. Many are quite solid. Some, not so much...
I decided some time back to use a different Distro than Zorin on a small notebook I bought. I tried out many. Some were strong, some were blazing fast and some were evil with little horns and pointed tails and I will never install them on anything ever again. The good ones had a few hurdles to be overcome. The bad ones just had to go.
Ended up choosing the best Distro of the lot that had no hurdles. It installed perfectly, ran flawlessly and was very stable with very few problems and ready to go immediately upon install: Zorin 12.4 Lite.

Figures.