This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Hp Printer is stuck at processing status on Zorin

aiwin

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:32:08 am

Dear Friends,

i try to connect HP LaserJet M1005 printer on Zorin OS 15 through USB, it will automatically configured and connected on system, and i try print test page but it still processing not printing state, also i try to install hplip but there's a error distro not supported, But Linux Mint working well, Please give me a solution for this on Zorin OS.

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:20:32 pm

Hi aiwin,

You should not have to install hplip - one thing I have discovered lately is that if you want to add printers not on the system/attached to it you need to run the terminal command (Ctrl+ Alt+ T to open Terminal) of:

Code:
system-config-printer

Once there I clicked on 'add' and then selected the HP Jet direct option and just thought up a name for a fictitious zorin machine to get to the drivers option - and there it is:

hp m1005 driver.jpg

aiwin

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:19:56 am

Yea, i tried that now, and i get print out, but showing a error on paper

Can you Help me through Anydesk or Teamviewer

please contact me via Telegram ID ; @A1W1N

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39:23 am

You get that error message due to stack overflow due to an image format the printer does not support - trust me, I have experienced that at work. ;)

aiwin

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:08:06 am

But Linux Mint 18.3 64bit Working Well, no need to install hplip

ImpWarfare

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:12:08 pm

aiwin wrote:But Linux Mint 18.3 64bit Working Well, no need to install hplip

Out of interest, what have you done differently with Zorin which you didn't do on Linux mint to get it to work? Have you tried replicating the steps on Mint but for Zorin itself?

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:51:58 pm

I find the new settings layout neat but when adding a printer using the Settings panel it only looks for what is currently attached. Using the command of 'system-config-printer' in a terminal opens the traditional 'add printer' setup that works better and as I have already pointed out, no hplip installed when I submitted that screenshot. ;) :D

aiwin

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:01:08 pm

Dear Swarfendor437,

When i try to print without Hplip, it's not printing stuck on processing state, also i try with hplip but i got error in print out page, i tried on Linux Mint the print out works well.

My company planning to install 600+ system's on zorin, if its works..

Please share you contact Details Like Whatsapp / Telegram or Zorin Group Links etc..

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:48:11 pm

aiwin wrote:Dear Swarfendor437,

When i try to print without Hplip, it's not printing stuck on processing state, also i try with hplip but i got error in print out page, i tried on Linux Mint the print out works well.

My company planning to install 600+ system's on zorin, if its works..

Please share you contact Details Like Whatsapp / Telegram or Zorin Group Links etc..

I've PM'd you. I don't have an HP Printer and I don't have hplip installed when I found those drivers using the recommended manner of adding a printer - it is also the best way to connect a network printer using:

Code:
system-config-printer

;) :D