This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Be wary of which .iso you download!

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:28:19 pm

Dear fellow Zorin users,

Recently I decided to download Zorin Education 64-bit 15.1 r1 - The 'r' indicates 'restricted'. This relates to countries that are not allowed to have codecs or access to same. I installed it on a work notebook - also of interest to note is that I tried to see if I could connect to 'Main Server' - that is not available, presumably because it would give access to files that are banned in certain states. I had forgotten about this, as Artyom did post somewhere on here regarding 'r' versions being 'restricted' .isos with regard to version 12 releases. I also attempted to remove roboto font and some asian fonts and ended up losing Tux Math and Zorin Appearance! :roll:

AZorin

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:35:03 pm

Slight correction:
The "-r" suffix denotes a "revised" .iso file, which has been updated since a major or point release. We usually create revised .iso files if we end up finding a non-trivial bug after release and fix them, so that new users don't experience the issue out of the box.

As of Zorin OS 12 we don't include the restricted extras in any of our ISOs, but the installer should automatically download them if the user has the option selected.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:50:57 pm

Thanks for clearing that up! :oops: :D