This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Native Google Drive connection

artesan0

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:52:28 pm

Hi!
I read that now, Gnome (I think is the one we use in Zorin) can manage Google Drive connection natively.

I went to "Accounts" and added my google account. I go to Files app, and I find it, but when I click on it it only thinks without stop...

Did you achieve make it work to see your Google Drive files directly in the Zorin OS without using a 3rd party app?

Aravisian

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:34:29 pm

artesan0 wrote:Hi!
I read that now, Gnome (I think is the one we use in Zorin) can manage Google Drive connection natively.

I went to "Accounts" and added my google account. I go to Files app, and I find it, but when I click on it it only thinks without stop...

Did you achieve make it work to see your Google Drive files directly in the Zorin OS without using a 3rd party app?

You have to set it up and I did this a little less than a year ago- and cannot remember how. (Now, I use Sync.cloud or Pcloud. Pcloud is nagware and you have to smack it around a lot and I hate their sales marketing. However, Google Drive gets files out of order, fails downloads, fails uploads, misreads files and my files get observed, so I hate it and never will use it again.)
Looking it up- I found this:
https://vitux.com/how-to-access-your-go ... in-ubuntu/