This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Predictions on Zorin update based on 20.04 LTS?

PolGZ

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:56:00 am

Hi, guys,

With the new Ubuntu long term support 20.04 version out, do you have any roadmap for ZorinOS updates?

I've recently updated to Zorin lite 15.2 on my old laptop (macbook from mid 2007, and it runs smoothly, much better than 15.1) but I didn't make the jump yet on my main PC. I would like to know some information about when you estimate a new version will get released (I can't find any news on the webpage, nor twitter, etc). That could be 'my train' to definitely switching my main daily driver to Zorin.

Thanks for all your work!

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:27:04 pm

First of all only the Admins can answer that question and team Zorin comprises of two people so I imagine they are working their ***** off to work on their major project, Zorin Grid. Don't forget that the current release is supported until 2023 and we are only in 2020. I would imagine the Grid will take priority - anything based on 20.04 will have to take a back seat for now but this is pure speculation on my part. And as always "Good things come to those that wait" and
"Patience is a virtue, hold it if you can, it is seldom found in women, and NEVER found in man!" ;) :D