This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Install 15.2 or wait for new?

YuY

Fri May 01, 2020 8:25:39 am

Hi,
A (very) old neighbour asked me to replace Win7 for 'something that works' so I decided to install ZorinOS.

However, a Ubuntu 20.04 LTS has just recently released and this neighbour is very anxious about all computer stuff and a large upgrade might just freak him out. My question is: should I wait for the new ZorinOS LTS to come out or just install and when the time comes just hope everything will go right with him?

I can't find any proposed release date of the new ZorinOS anyway. Is it soon?

Kind regards,
Yu

Aravisian

Fri May 01, 2020 9:30:46 pm

YuY wrote:Hi,
A (very) old neighbour asked me to replace Win7 for 'something that works' so I decided to install ZorinOS.

However, a Ubuntu 20.04 LTS has just recently released and this neighbour is very anxious about all computer stuff and a large upgrade might just freak him out. My question is: should I wait for the new ZorinOS LTS to come out or just install and when the time comes just hope everything will go right with him?

I can't find any proposed release date of the new ZorinOS anyway. Is it soon?

Kind regards,
Yu

I would not expect "soon" but the date of that is unknown. If it was me, I would go ahead and start with what is available. I would also recommend using Zorin OS Lite, simply because I believe it is a lot easier to learn and operate- That is my own opinion and your mileage may vary.

TouchOdeath

Fri May 01, 2020 10:09:26 pm

As long as you test and make sure everything works.. then you should go ahead and install Zorin now. If hes 'very old' then hes not going to know the difference between the newer version of Zorin vs the older version.

15.2 came out about a month ago or so... I would imagine the next version of Zorin will be awhile from now.

YuY

Sat May 02, 2020 10:04:38 am

Ok, tnx for the help! :-)
I've decided to install ZorinOS Lite since the laptop has a 12yo Celeron (dual-core, no threads)

Swarfendor437

Sat May 02, 2020 11:18:29 am

Smart choice! :D