This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Difference between free and ultimate [solved]

blfriis

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:47:02 am

Hi I know that it is only in ultimate that you get the background+ and mac look in look changer, But besides that what is the different.Is it possible to compare a list of programs in free and ultimate..

blfriis

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:00:28 pm

Thank you it was very useful, it was a danish user who asked me.Keep up the good work :)

spavila

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:29:30 pm

Here is a nice video review Zorin OS 6 Ultimate. Not sure if any additions or deletions have been made since 6.0 to 6.2; but this should give you a good idea what is in Ultimate. Below is the link for the YouTube Video made by quidsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiTQzIhufRg

Note: Jump to 3:43 (this is where he starts talking about the menu and all programs listed).

Differences:
#1: Zorin OS Core is FREE!
#2: Zorin OS Ultimate requires you to make a donation to obtain.
#3: Zorin OS Core has fewer applications installed compared to Zorin OS Ultimate.
#4: Zorin OS Ultimate has more applications installed compared to Zorin OS Core.
#5: The Zorin Look Changer has only 3 options in Zorin OS Core.
#6: The Zorin Look Changer has 6 options in Zorin OS Ultimate.

James tobin

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:01:09 pm

I would like a complete list for the following: 1. list of all programs that come with lite vs ultimate, and 2. all programs that come with business vs. ultimate, probably either version 10 0r 11, preferably 11.

James tobin

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:02:04 pm

unfortuately i cant read any of the danish entries :o

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:03:51 pm

You could always PM AZorin for a definitive answer? ;) :D