This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Zorin Look/Themes

mdiemer

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:52:44 am

Hi all, just curious here, what do you prefer for your Zorin GUI? I like Blue, with the clouds wallpaper, in the Windows 7 motif. I find that Zorin Blue tones down the often too-bright whites that are coming at me. For example, the start page for Firefox. I use the blank page because it loads so fast, but all that white is blinding! but with Zorin Blue, it is toned down and much more comfortable. Although I must say I can't see much difference between Blue and Black. But I'm really pleased with Blue, very easy on my eyes. Thanks, Zorin brothers!

Wolfman

Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:49:57 am

Nice themes collection here:

http://www.noobslab.com/p/themes-icons.html

dsx

Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:27:39 am

Hello There,
I made short distro-hopping before I choose Zorin OS 15 as daily driver for one of home laptops - HP 250 G5 and it works fine with 4GB RAM, 8GB Swap, and 128GB SSD.
The only one thing I was not able to manage to tune is cursor theme - I created folder .icons in /home where I put new themes and they appeared in Gnome Tweaks menu, but I got cursor change across applications - at most places it was with new theme, but on certain applications as Skype, Chromium, Firefox, Brave Browser it was changing back to default one. So I created .icons/default/default.theme that fixed reverting to default theme with browsers, but no luck with Skype.
Please advise if there is any possibility to install and tune cursor theme that will be constant across OS and applications installed.
Thank You in advance for Your help.
Best Regards, Dimitar/Jim