This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

I've Returned To Zorin OS

star treker

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:01:01 pm

Hello everybody, long time no see. :mrgreen:

Its been a long battle of trying to find the Linux distro that best suits me, and I feel like I am constantly distro hopping. The main reason for my distro hopping, is due to the distro's bricking on me. I tried Makulu Linux for awhile, was using it for at least a year, then it got bricked. Then I went to try Feren OS for awhile, then it got bricked in even less time, right after system updates were installed no less.

So long story short, I am back to Zorin OS. :lol:

zorinantwerp

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:23:56 am

Hi star treker,

To boldly go where no man has gone before. Nice to learn about your voyage but hey you know Zorin OS is the final frontier :mrgreen:

+++

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:52:26 am

"This is Captain to the Transporter Room - be ready to beam up star treker". ;) :D

Welcome home friend! Hope you enjoy the unofficial manual:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13614

star treker

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:00:37 pm

zorinantwerp wrote:Hi star treker,

To boldly go where no man has gone before. Nice to learn about your voyage but hey you know Zorin OS is the final frontier :mrgreen:

+++

HAHA, I loved what you did there, very tricky you are lol. :lol:

star treker

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:01:51 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:"This is Captain to the Transporter Room - be ready to beam up star treker". ;) :D

Welcome home friend! Hope you enjoy the unofficial manual:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13614

Sometimes after a really bad sleep, I feel like I've been transported. Sometimes my life feels like a Star Trek episode. lol. Thanks for the welcome back. :mrgreen:

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:51:19 pm

"This is the Captain to Sick Bay - ensure star treker is taking his meds and don't let him near any other distribution - we don't want photon torpedoes launching on friendlies!" :lol:

pcfan5

Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:31:40 am

:mrgreen: "Live long and Prosper!" ;)

star treker

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:08:43 am

Well, I think you guys now that ISS runs on Linux. So its not too far fetched to assume that starships will run on Linux. NASA wants to do the mission to mars in the year 2020, Orion know doubt will have Linux on it. So you could just consider Starfleet ships to just run some super de duper advanced version of Linux that is 400 years more advanced. :)

pcfan5

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:54:28 pm

:D