This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Post your VueScan success stories here!

Swarfendor437

Tue May 01, 2018 5:07:43 pm

OK, due to restrictions of Canon Software installed on Windows machines at work there is no software available to create a multiple page document present. I took to the Zorin Notebook I use for video editing and first started downloading an application to merge .jpg files into one pdf. I then went to look at the Canon site to see if there were any Linux drivers for LiDE 220's deployed in the department for form capture - nada! So I installed the demo of VueScan (and having read on VueScan site that Canon's LiDE 500F was not supported I thought I would experience the same issue. Well I did to begin with but VueScan very cleverly advised that if there was an issue of the lsusb list/recognition working, to launch VueScan as 'root'.
I opened a terminal, entered:

Code:
gksudo nautilus
and in the window that opened I navigated to where I had extracted VueScan and ... it worked!

Get it (the demo) from https://www.hamrick.com

The only downside is I don't have permission to buy the software for work. :(

Until you purchase your images will be watermarked - I am sorely tempted for personal use!