This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Why you should reconsider all things Google!

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:46:41 pm

This video is given by a military expert - and you thought 'Person of Interest' was Science Fiction!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrNs0M77Pd4&t=2s

MBMz10

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:21:37 pm

"Why you should reconsider all things Google!" The list is long...

Project Veritas Jen Gennai need any more be said? https://www.bitchute.com/video/MxDBX0Pf0sGC/

Linux
Bitchuite (video site similar to youtube)
DuckDuck go (search engine)
Invidious (front end for youtube)
just some alternatives

The horse has already bolted, just that most didn't noticed because face buried in screen 24/7
AI is loose already, just not like in the movies...

Where's my tin foil hat

Aravisian

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:25:27 am

MBMz10 wrote:"Why you should reconsider all things Google!" The list is long...

Project Veritas Jen Gennai need any more be said? https://www.bitchute.com/video/MxDBX0Pf0sGC/

Linux
just some alternatives

The horse has already bolted, just that most didn't noticed because face buried in screen 24/7
AI is loose already, just not like in the movies...

Where's my tin foil hat

It's only a matter of time before
Linux
...become the same as the things we distrust and try to avoid with alternatives.

The underlying driving factor is Human Nature.
Human nature cannot be expunged. Greed. Corruption. Self gain. Exploitation. They are as old as we are and very effective survival traits.
I was mentioning recently that Gnome is starting to feel a little bit like MS. When MS started, it didn't feel like MS, yet.
Greed does not start with greed, either. Necessary funding is perfectly valid. But as funding is reached, human nature kicks in. If a little is good, more is better. If funding is reached, a little more might be more helpful. And a little more... and more... How do we squeeze some more out of this... Eventually, it develops into full fledged greed. It's inevitable, just a matter of time.
It used to be that buying a video game got you a copy on a disk. You could do whatever you wanted with it. Sell it, trade it, gnaw on it with ranch dressing... It has developed now into something else. Where you own only the portion that you actively can use, with packs and pay-to-win and extensions and downloadable content... Supercells Boom Beach would cost you in excess of $14,000 (USD) to buy in full. That's the cost of your copy of the game, not stocks or a share in the company or anything. Nickel and diming the average knucklehead became more profitable.
"Upgrading"has become a very marketable word. It's meaning blurred and distorted.

Google is what it always was: A Marketing and Advertising Company. Their wealth does not come from altruism. It comes from learning about the individuals using it and then providing that marketable information to interested companies to exploit it to increase profits.
Allowing such a company eyes in our homes, ears in our homes, on our doorsteps and in our vehicles is clearly Nonsense.
I quote Google:
"Don't be evil." Googlers generally apply those words to how we serve our users. But "Don't be evil" is much more than that...

The Google Code of Conduct is one of the ways we put "Don't be evil" into practice...
"We believe strongly that in the long term, we will be better served—as shareholders and in all other ways—by a company that does good things for the world even if we forgo some short term gains."

It was only a matter of time. Google did not start out with intent to expunge privacy and violate the public. It slowly developed, over time. A little here, a little there... An exception made, a line crossed... eventually:
Between 21 April and 4 May 2018, Google removed the motto from the preface, leaving a mention in the final line: "And remember… don't be evil, and if you see something that you think isn't right – speak up!"

From being a founding Motto, to becoming a vague afterthought.

It's human nature. No matter how wrong we get, no matter how evil we can be, we slowly find ways to justify it. To validate it and convince ourselves that we are doing the right thing.

You do not need a tin foil hat; it certainly will offer no protection... But anyone can use critical thinking, objective observation and to apply the merits of removing bias, as best we can, from interpretation.

MBMz10

Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:14:06 am

Hi Aravisian,
Agree with your comments.
We have become the slow boiling frogs!

Most people just want to live their lives and are fundamentally 'good' in nature. The 'human nature' you're referring to is a by-product of the conditions imposed upon the masses by the few in powerful positions who hold the resources/money, the psychopaths! Control freaks.

We live in an interesting epoch. Sometimes (usually) until the water gets hot enough most of the frogs won't even realise it.

As far as the original intentions of the "Tech Giants" well I'm not so sure it was always so innocent and I wouldn't be the only one holding that opinion. More likely that is how it was sold to us, lure them in with free stuff first.

Because most people are basically good it is difficult to imagine someone being so psychopathic, once you begin to see it, it's everywhere and sickening to see. Like most people I just couldn't believe it at first.

I think more of us are beginning to awaken to what's going on at an ever increasing rate and the psychopaths are starting to panic and become more desperate. So many channels shutdown on YT, modern day book burning basically. Pushing hard for their war with Iran. The yellow vests / people who have had enough. Wanting back doors into encryption, because they fear the people discovering what they are up to.

Removing, eliminating and reducing as much of the tracking and spying as we can, figuring out what news is fake. Using alternative sources for information whilst navigating around the trolls.

At first I thought Duck Duck Go was useless until I realised how much their algorithms and AI had already been ‘conditioning’ me to expect a certain type of result. How YT was just trying to feed me more of the same rubbish.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:30:52 am

Well that's why I like this guy:

https://www.gaia.com/person/michael-tel ... 4ce7b29110

and look what happens when you don't refer to Google: 99¢ a week to begin with on Gaia.

and this guy:

http://paulhellyerweb.com/ and "The Money Mafia"

Aravisian

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:41:55 pm

While examining the repercussions of the Google Empire is perfectly valid, I feel compelled to correct some scientific statements.

The Boiling Frog analogy is a myth. If you put a frog in comfortable water and then gradually increase the temperature, the frog will jump out of the pot if he gets too warm due to Thermoregulation within the frogs body. He will not be boiled alive. Now, crabs will... But this is not due to a lack of will on the crabs part to escape. Their body structure disallows a means of them jumping out of the pot.

Many corporations have performed well funded studies into learning just how much abuse people will accept from a provider of goods. The answers have been surprising: People will take quite a bit of abuse. I find it annoying, personally and I advocate speaking up often.
However, our history also shows revolutions, civil unrest, societal changes on the gradual scale as well. From combating racism and sexism to forming workers unions, humans as a whole will speak up - we will jump from the pot just as the frogs will.

The entertainment value that carrying around cell phones provides has had a large impact on that level of abuse people are willing to take. We will complain and grumble, but still buy the phones even knowing that workers assembling them overseas are abused to make them and have a phenomenally high suicide rate. It's... outside of our Dunbar number. People won't necessarily care about other people that they do not personally know. Do you worry about the shards of glass you included in your dustbin going out to the curb?
We will continue to buy and use apps,complaining all the while and often accusing the app developers of being unfair. But we are not removing the apps from our phones, either.

Micheal Tellinger studied to become a Pharmacist. He has no formal education in the fields he writes books on. He is an enthusiast and spiritualist, but he is not a scientist. An Honest distinction is necessary.

Yes, MBMz10, the algorithms are set to produce results that will most appeal to the person running the search, not yield the most relevant search. This clearly is a problem, as a person genuinely trying to find information that is relevant can be easily misled. The Internet is chock full of misinformation that confuses and misdirects.
The internet is a great place to find opinions. But factual information? That takes more critical thinking.
I will admit, I use the dickens out of Google Scholar search function. I wish Duck Duck Go had that function.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:29:24 pm

An interesting point on the mobiles - we could also go down the Automobile route too! That's why my preferred channel for nitty gritty news that isn't covered anywhere else ... Al Jazeera. I watched an interesting documentary about slave labour in South America - labour which Ford have admitted to in the past but did not comment after a request following the documentary. And the issue at hand? South American workers are herded by gang managers into producing ... pig iron. Pig iron is an essential element to create Steel for cars. So it would be interesting to know which Manufacturers use these methods of obtaining Pig Iron for the production of cars.
Whilst at it there was a great article in the Washington Post recently regarding Carbon - essential for: Electric Cars, Electronic Notebooks (I refuse to use the L word!) and ... smart phones again. 60% of the World's carbon production comes from the African Congo where records in the past had found up to 12,000 child slave labourers working in the open cast mines and adult workers who get paid $2 a day (a 12 hour day).

On the smart phone Operating System front I am trying to garner the courage to wipe my phone of Android and put 'E' on it as I am aware that there is a version available specifically for my make and model, a 1+ 3T. 'E' being created by no other than that great French man who brought us Mandrake, Gael Duval. The emphasis being on privacy - now the question is raised - how will Zorin connect work on E when it's only available in the Android Store! :lol: :lol: :lol:

With regards to Mr Tellinger, whilst he may not be a qualified scientist, science, as has been shown, does not have all the answers. Man has created valuable items in the form of plastic - however, it/society whoever, has failed to educate people on the use and disposal of plastic - oh and I just discovered that the US is the Number 1 contributor of producing more waste than any other country. A classic example on technology (thanks to Al Jazeera again) highlighted a recent ruling by the EPA in America and the EU Parliament that Electronic waste is the responsibility of the country of where it is sold/used to dispose of it in an evironmentally manner - Al Jazeera's undercover Asian correspondent found lots of old technology being dumped in China - all marked up wtih ... EPA stickers!

On the monetary front if Banks or other institutions chase you for money, you can create your own Promissory Note provided you make reference to the relevant statutes governing Promissory Notes in your country and that you sign it in 'Blue' - that way, Pay the Bearer on demand will require the original document to be presented. ;)

Aravisian

Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:44:00 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:An interesting point on the mobiles - we could also go down the Automobile route too! That's why my preferred channel for nitty gritty news that isn't covered anywhere else ... Al Jazeera. I watched an interesting documentary about slave labour in South America - labour which Ford have admitted to in the past but did not comment after a request following the documentary. And the issue at hand? South American workers are herded by gang managers into producing ... pig iron. Pig iron is an essential element to create Steel for cars. So it would be interesting to know which Manufacturers use these methods of obtaining Pig Iron for the production of cars.
Whilst at it there was a great article in the Washington Post recently regarding Carbon - essential for: Electric Cars, Electronic Notebooks (I refuse to use the L word!) and ... smart phones again. 60% of the World's carbon production comes from the African Congo where records in the past had found up to 12,000 child slave labourers working in the open cast mines and adult workers who get paid $2 a day (a 12 hour day).

Oh, I know a few things about Pig Iron. -facepalm-
And you are right- the exploitation and injustice tends to be ignored if enough money is involved.

Swarfendor437 wrote:On the smart phone Operating System front I am trying to garner the courage to wipe my phone of Android and put 'E' on it as I am aware that there is a version available specifically for my make and model, a 1+ 3T. 'E' being created by no other than that great French man who brought us Mandrake, Gael Duval. The emphasis being on privacy - now the question is raised - how will Zorin connect work on E when it's only available in the Android Store! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't be shy: "E?"

Swarfendor437 wrote:With regards to Mr Tellinger, whilst he may not be a qualified scientist, science, as has been shown, does not have all the answers.

It is extremely important to present an objective message.
For example, the Slow Boiling Frog Myth,
MBM's message may be lost if people research that and then discount all the MBM had to say simply because it turns out one thing he said was not factual.
And in fairness, MBM did not claim the myth was true, he alluded only to the analogy.

Tellinger is not a qualified scientist and the distinction should honestly be noted. But this does not mean that Tellinger should be utterly discounted. His words should be heard and others need to have his opinions and expressions freely available in order to gauge their merit on their own.

Science does not have all the answers nor does it claim to.Science is merely a Method by which a person may examine the world and seek answers.
No method can produce all the answers in one go. It takes a lot of time and a lot of study to find answers.
Swarfendor437 wrote: Man has created valuable items in the form of plastic - however, it/society whoever, has failed to educate people on the use and disposal of plastic - oh and I just discovered that the US is the Number 1 contributor of producing more waste than any other country. A classic example on technology (thanks to Al Jazeera again) highlighted a recent ruling by the EPA in America and the EU Parliament that Electronic waste is the responsibility of the country of where it is sold/used to dispose of it in an evironmentally manner - Al Jazeera's undercover Asian correspondent found lots of old technology being dumped in China - all marked up wtih ... EPA stickers!

Don't even get me started on the Current Administration in the USA and it's Pollution loving Policies.

Swarfendor437 wrote:On the monetary front if Banks or other institutions chase you for money, you can create your own Promissory Note provided you make reference to the relevant statutes governing Promissory Notes in your country and that you sign it in 'Blue' - that way, Pay the Bearer on demand will require the original document to be presented. ;)

This is true for Automotive insurance in the USA, as well.
The law appears to require that you have auto insurance but in actuality, it does not. In fact, most people that have ever gotten a ticket if they could not find or show their Insurance card were cited for "Failure to show Financial Responsibility."
What the law requires is that you show that you can afford to cover Damages using a funded account for that purpose. Many wealthy people do not use auto insurance.
If you have an escrow with $30,000 in it and you do not use Auto Insurance, this can be shown to an officer during a traffic stop and you will not be cited for not having insurance, because it is not insurance that is required, only finances.
A lot of people do not know this.

The smart move is to start a savings account and start saving up to the desired amount, then escrow it. Kick the insurance company to the curb and use the alternative from that day forward.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:10:46 pm

Aravisian wrote:
Swarfendor437 wrote:On the smart phone Operating System front I am trying to garner the courage to wipe my phone of Android and put 'E' on it as I am aware that there is a version available specifically for my make and model, a 1+ 3T. 'E' being created by no other than that great French man who brought us Mandrake, Gael Duval. The emphasis being on privacy - now the question is raised - how will Zorin connect work on E when it's only available in the Android Store! :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://e.foundation/ ;) :D

Aravisian

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:24:14 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:
Aravisian wrote:

https://e.foundation/ ;) :D

I am blown away.

Of course,more learning is required, but I definitely am looking forward to examining this closely.Hopefully even may be able to implement it.
One of our phones is on the device list. It currently does not have cellular service, so would be a great device for testing.

Thanks for sharing.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:28:23 pm

My pleasure friend. ;) :D Just been browsing the pages - if anyone is frightened to do the flashing they will do it for you (for a fee of course!) ;)

MBMz10

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:11:10 am

Good to see you’ve have been busy in here!

Swarfendor437
I haven’t seen the ‘E’ for Android replacement before so I’ll check that out. Been looking at other replacements or even going back to my old Nokia or such. Librem Purism, I think is the name of one with ‘air-gaps’ or physical switches to turn off GPS WiFi Cellular etc.

That said, getting my first smart phone only a few years ago really rattled my cage. Like everyone else I wanted ‘apps’ but stopped when I wondered why an app for something like a GPS speed’o or file manger would need access to my contacts? Smelt the rat right away and have despised my smart phone since.

Convenience comes at a cost that most haven’t figured out yet. Once ‘they’ start ‘profiling’ the user (Stallman refers as USED) ‘they’ also start ‘influencing’ you. Mind control really, although you still have free will, your ‘want’ and ‘needs’ has been hijacked.

Regarding E and Zorin connect, I have heard of some unofficial Android app store, open source version or such, also just looked on E website saw something about it works with all Android apps.

That said, is this part of the problem, all our info at our finger tips 24/7 across all our devices? Not judging or criticising as I am guilty as charged also. Just a thought. My fridge has food and beer, my PC for play work and entertainment, phone for calls and text to real people that I know and the car for transport and the TV is for, um, distracting burglars from the safe. The car driving me while I have a beer and game on VR in the back sounds good but is it?

All of us 24/7 immersed in some form of technology, tagged and tracked, monitored. The terminator robots are here and it was us all along. We become cattle for corporations.

Aravisian
No frogs were harmed during this thread! And I thought it was a fact ha ha, I guess Schroedinger’s cat and the Easter bunny, well you know! I may quote facts on occasions just that I can no longer tell when or what.

Trying to find factual information in this ‘age of information’ is rather challenging. Between the trolls, mis-information and deliberate lies by corporations, governments and other groups much critical thinking and discernment is required.

I suspect this is a reflection of the world we now live in. This also has the upside of causing us to re-engage both hemispheres and think for ourselves, question everything, but only after one realises that the water is getting hot! The old story of once you get ‘burned’ you wake up.

Vote with your feet and $. Whilst the masses continue to use, or rather be used, by big tech/brother, more and more begin to change their individual behaviours and the balance begins to shift. Look at ratings from ‘mainstream news’ outlets dropping. Some individuals on YT have larger audiences than the telly.

Science has given us many things, micro chips computers etc and I did have ‘faith’ (???) in science I now also question it. Especially what is presented to us via MSM (mainstream media), case in point is climate change. Try to find definitive answers on issues like this that have become so polluted by politics, greed and corporations/gov. I realise also that there probably is no ‘definitive’ answer to this particular question due in-part to the amount of data points yet the subject has become ‘charged’ and policies are being formed around such.

The “Big Bang” is just a theory as is string theory, gravity’s ‘cause’ is unknown to science yet they can calculate trajectories orbits and so on. Dark matter and dark energy, otherwise known as we don’t have the foggiest!! The masses have become convinced of the validity of these ‘everyday’ realities or whatever other personal reality exists for them. Whatever floats your boats.

Sometimes it is just the ‘wording’ or delivery method that convinces us. I try to step back, have a beer, wait, step back to the fridge again, wait until tomorrow, listen to the ‘wording’ again.

I love a good conspiracy theory, which side of the argument is the ‘conspiracy’ on becomes the question! Having been reviewing many historical events with many questions unanswered from such I can say that “History is written by the victors” is correct. Whether the history written is accurate is another matter altogether.

People like Michael Tellinger, Graham Hancock, Nassim Haramein, Randall Carlson and thousands of others offer alternative views, raise questions that need to be addressed and cause us to think about such matters more deeply. As unscientific as they maybe, this in my opinion is a good thing.

The pyramids in Egypt raise more questions than can be answered, who, how, when and what happened between then and now? Just this one example should be enough to realise that maybe many other historical events need to questioned. What we were taught is wrong or incomplete.

Science and getting results via Google or duckduckgo or any other ‘authority’, depending on the subject matter, is akin to sleeping at the wheel. The more muddied up the waters become, the more people will begin to notice something is wrong, as is my own situation. Confusion can lead to clarity should one persist in earnest. Not at all suggesting I have the answers, moreover that the questions are just as important as the answer. Being able to ask the question given the censoring.

For most of us the Internet is about 20 years old, from 14.4 baud, ADSL, cable, Fibre and 3 4 5G, streaming HD movies, A.I. and algorithms, satellites with global coverage. Big tech swaying opinions and ideas, Bitcoin, facial recognition, robotics, the list goes on.

Maybe this Google election meddling (for want of a better description), spying and other nefarious acts will soon be forgotten, the masses dive their noses into their screens. The out layers (me/us) get targeted or simply left out and ignored, life continues with hardly a blip in the road.

I have noticed many comments over on Bitchute from people complaining about YT, a drop in the ocean, however, momentum (inertia) is building in other areas also, not just online. Do we stand on the precipice of great changes. Are we witnessing something that we get to write into the history books?

Exciting times

Aravisian

Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:04:14 am

MBMz10 wrote:Aravisian
No frogs were harmed during this thread! And I thought it was a fact ha ha, I guess Schroedinger’s cat and the Easter bunny, well you know! I may quote facts on occasions just that I can no longer tell when or what.

Myths abound because we are often told things we accept and then repeat without fact-checking them.
Another common one is the Ten Percent Myth- The myth that we use only 10% of our brain.
It is untrue. We use 100% of our brain.

MBMz10 wrote:Trying to find factual information in this ‘age of information’ is rather challenging. Between the trolls, mis-information and deliberate lies by corporations, governments and other groups much critical thinking and discernment is required.

Follow the money.
It helps to look for the motive. What agenda does the reporter have that may influence spin on their report?

MBMz10 wrote:Science has given us many things, micro chips computers etc and I did have ‘faith’ (???) in science I now also question it. Especially what is presented to us via MSM (mainstream media), case in point is climate change. Try to find definitive answers on issues like this that have become so polluted by politics, greed and corporations/gov. I realise also that there probably is no ‘definitive’ answer to this particular question due in-part to the amount of data points yet the subject has become ‘charged’ and policies are being formed around such.

Science has given us these things. I cannot recall off the top of my head the two researchers involved, but the two guys that figured out how to "Layer" information at the molecular level won the Nobel Prize. What we got was gig sticks.
We went from being able to store a few megs in large space to having terrabyte drives.
It just works. We rely on science, physics and chemistry daily and every day- It Works.

But Climate Change brings us back to the question above: What is the motive?
Looking at the data, what we see is billions of tons of CO2 being dumped in our atmosphere- an unprecedented rate unseen on Earth in all of its history. Certainly, CO2 levels have risen and fallen in history- But never at such astronomical rates. Life doesn't have time to adapt. What we also see is definitive increases in annual Global Temperatures. It's Math and math does not lie.
So, are the scientists alarmists, lying about Climate Change? What is the motive? Do they hate cars or something? It seems pretty inconvenient to lie about it since these same people would need to accept losses of their own. It doesn't make sense. But it does make sense if there is a genuine problem and they fear the consequences of it.
The other side of Climate Change are the deniers- Those that claim it is not happening, is not a problem or is exaggerated. Do they have a motive?
Well...YES Billions of Dollars of motive. Most of these tycoons are in their later years- they don't care because they won't be around to experience the consequences. Until then, they can live high on the hog.

MBMz10 wrote:The “Big Bang” is just a theory as is string theory, gravity’s ‘cause’ is unknown to science yet they can calculate trajectories orbits and so on. Dark matter and dark energy, otherwise known as we don’t have the foggiest!! The masses have become convinced of the validity of these ‘everyday’ realities or whatever other personal reality exists for them. Whatever floats your boats.

Big Bang, or Lambda CDM is well supported by the Cosmic Background Radiation- The leftovers from the Big Bang expansion event.
It is a Working Theory and very well supported by the evidence.
However,the word "theory" is as often confused and misused as the word "upgrade."

A Theory is a Model that has been tested with experimentation and observation and shown to be well supported by the evidence.
A Hypothesis is a Model that is speculative and is not yet tested or supported by evidence, but put forth as a possible explanation.

Because many reporters are Not Scientists, they make mistakes. Not necessarily from a motive of malice, but ignorance. And they often call Hypotheses "theories" (wrongly.) It enters Popular Culture that way and the name sticks.
But SuperSymmetry and String are not theories. They are Hypotheses.
I call these grounds PopSci, not science.
SuperSymmetry was first hypothesized back in the 1960's as a very elegant possible explanation for the things we observe in Einsteins Relativity but also in the Standard Model of Quantum Mechanics. The basic idea behind it is that particle-wave duality can be explained by Space-time itself being composed of SuperStrings that "vibrate" when influenced the right way.
Like a guitar string. And yes, if String was validated as a Theory, it could explain the cause of Gravity. But String is only called a theory in PopSci Culture. It is not and hasnever yet been a theory. And it looks like it won't be, either.
Super Symmetry and String predict that there must be carrier particles called super particles or "Sparticles."
These Sparticles would be Much Higher in Mass than their Standard Model Boson counter-parts.. However... This also means that they would be Very Easy To Find.
Along comes the modern LHC or Large Hadron Collider. The short, SHORT version is, though the Model predicts these particles and how to find them, they have never been observed or seen even though the model says they should be there.
It was a nice try. But it didn't work out. String - Is wrong. The tests and evidence did not support the hypothesis.
But that's the thing about Science-It's ok to be wrong. It's ok to Not Know all the answers.
I would much prefer to deal with people that can admit to being wrong than those that deny it, try to cover it up or fake it.
I would much rather deal with someone who says they do not know the answer than one that tries to fabricate a fake answer.

MBMz10 wrote:I love a good conspiracy theory, which side of the argument is the ‘conspiracy’ on becomes the question! Having been reviewing many historical events with many questions unanswered from such I can say that “History is written by the victors” is correct. Whether the history written is accurate is another matter altogether.

The questions are Testing and Science is all about Being Tested.
My biggest complaint about Science forums is that they are too quick to silence the questions they dislike. Too quick to forget that Science is about being Bold. Fearlessly asking questions and questioning our assumptions. Science is not about the ego or the bias, it is about trying to understand the world. Maybe you'll get it wrong, maybe right, maybe somewhere in between.But all of it is Progress.
And Science is Free Open Source. Independent Verification means that anyone can experiment, research and fact check. They do not just have to take anyones word for it. It's FOSS Baby!

MBMz10 wrote:People like Michael Tellinger, Graham Hancock, Nassim Haramein, Randall Carlson and thousands of others offer alternative views, raise questions that need to be addressed and cause us to think about such matters more deeply. As unscientific as they maybe, this in my opinion is a good thing.

I agree. We do not have to always agree with what the other says, but having the freedom to exchange ideas is essential. No one should ever be silenced for saying what they think. If you disagree strongly enough-Argue. Explain your position, show the merits of why you think the way you do. But never beat them into silence.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:47:07 pm

I think the way Society has gone is summed up in the Open Source Film winner of the prize to create an animation not using any proprietary software, Elephants Dream - you'll see what I mean by the tragic ending (and no Elephant's in sight!)

https://orange.blender.org/

carmar

Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:49:04 pm

Aravisian wrote:Looking at the data, what we see is billions of tons of CO2 being dumped in our atmosphere- an unprecedented rate unseen on Earth in all of its history. Certainly, CO2 levels have risen and fallen in history- But never at such astronomical rates. Life doesn't have time to adapt. What we also see is definitive increases in annual Global Temperatures. It's Math and math does not lie.
So, are the scientists alarmists, lying about Climate Change? What is the motive? Do they hate cars or something? It seems pretty inconvenient to lie about it since these same people would need to accept losses of their own. It doesn't make sense. But it does make sense if there is a genuine problem and they fear the consequences of it.
The other side of Climate Change are the deniers- Those that claim it is not happening, is not a problem or is exaggerated. Do they have a motive?

Interesting thing I noticed here: https://archive.epa.gov/climatechange/k ... /past.html
If you measure (eyeball) the rate of change of temperature w.r.t. CO2 concentration (F/ppm) of the two graphs on the left (past) vs. the two graphs on the right (~present), you'll find that F/ppm(past) is anywhere between 6-10 times the F/ppm(present). So, carbon was causing substantially more warming in the past than it is now.
Funny thing is, its the opposite of the story the EPA is trying to tell.