This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Useful image downsizer/converter

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:56:58 pm

HI, Attended virtual Linux User Group meeting today and a useful image conversion utility and batch converter - Converseen - the person I spoke to is a professional photographer supplied images to Linux Magazine for the past 20 years - 200 10Mb plus size images can be converted in 20 minutes to 2 Mb or less. Should be in the Software Channel - installed it from Store on FerenOS.

Aravisian

Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44:25 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:HI, Attended virtual Linux User Group meeting today and a useful image conversion utility and batch converter - Converseen - the person I spoke to is a professional photographer supplied images to Linux Magazine for the past 20 years - 200 10Mb plus size images can be converted in 20 minutes to 2 Mb or less. Should be in the Software Channel - installed it from Store on FerenOS.

Great recommendation. I use batch image converting a lot for Icon Sets and Themes. So this MAY be a useful replacement for XnConvert or Gimps batch image convertor- IF it cuts the mustard.
I will test it out.

EDIT: I aborted the installation after falling into dependency hell of too many QT5 packages needed.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:46:04 pm

Installed on FerenOS without issue - and in the FerenOS Store. ;) :D