This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Arteck Universal Bluetooth Mechanical Keyboard

star treker

Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:03:29 am

Arteck Universal Bluetooth Mechanical Keyboard. Stainless steel backing, ABS top. :D

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:14:43 pm

Nice multimedia controls there - a few more than what the Cherry has to offer, but I can get by. The other nice thing about the Cherry keyboard is laser etched lettering. ;) :D

star treker

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:28:58 pm

I agree, its pretty much a full featured keyboard. Yeah, I think for a teacher, you don't really have a need for media controls. You pretty much just need the basics, as well as your need for the brail key stuff. Yes, now that is one thing I am certain mine does not have for 38 bucks, is laser etched keys. I do however own a top of the line full mechanical Corsair K95 keyboard, and I know it has laser etched keys, sucker is a 150 dollar keyboard so ya lol.

The problem with keyboards that don't have laser etched keys, I find that they wear off after awhile of use. I got lots of keyboards with missing letters or numbers on the keys LOL!

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:59:31 am

Hi star treker, I need to correct you - I am no teacher, I am a VS (Vision Support) Technician. But most of my work is more transcribing these days. I don't do i-Pad or MacBook support. One of the last things I was working on before the lockdown was upgrading Notebooks (Samsung - terrible i3 P530s) no longer on the host school's network for use by Support Staff (Teaching Assistants) with Windows 10 and adding LibreOffice as we didn't have off-network licence for MS Office, and adding GIMP and Inkscape and Krita if people preferred it to GIMP. Basically all the free stuff I could find. One of the rigs I had to dismantle completely as after Windows 10 was installed I could no longer access the BIOS to add HDD password on boot, so I had to strip down and take out the cell battery then reinsert so I could finally get in the BIOS to add security settings! ;) :D
When I was at work I would have my Bluetooth Headset on connected to my smart phone whilst doing really interesting Maths work! :roll: Now I can do it with my surround sound whilst working!

star treker

Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:20:17 am

Good, and if you tested my vision, you would tell me, without glasses, you couldn't pin the tail on a donkies a**. And then I would tell you that I wasn't planning to get frisky with a donky, so thats not an issue.

Seriously though, I am really glad we have people like you in the field, so many of us have vision problems. And one thing that really contributes to it when you get older, is screen glare. One of the fancy features of my BenQ monitor, is its panteted eyecare technology, where it uses a photo sensor, to detect light in the room, and it automatically adjust screen brightness, based on that information it gets from the sensor.

Aravisian

Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:24:04 am

Vision...
On my current keyboard, the keys are so worn down, there is zero lettering left on many of them. Many keys are just flat out Blank.