This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[ Sticky ] Microsoft > Linux OS

Anonymous

Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:08:57 am

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:55:43 am

Having read the first article and the second one, clearly they have chosen GNU/Linux code for a 'switch' which, though I am no coder, would view as an 'app' or 'add-on' for its Azure service which it promised before its launch it would always be available - and went down twice in the last 24 months. This is of more interest to establishment computing rather than 'personal' computing and as such I treat it as a 'non-entity'.

And let's not forget the lawyers are on to a winner when it comes to Cloud Computing - it is seen as the next PPI compensation scheme. If I ever used cloud services it would be on my own closed network with NAS data storage and retrieval! :D 8-) :lol:

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:38:30 am

Wolfman wrote:Swapnil and I are FaceBook buddies (he is a friend of another friend whom I befriended!) and I had tea and a chat with him a while back!!. :D

http://www.itworld.com/article/2984659/ ... ystem.html

Which proves my point to a degree - Question "When is a software switch an OS?" Answer: "When pundits can't tell the difference!" :lol:

star treker

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:25:24 am

Swarf, I would seriously never trust an online cloud storage service. Most of them are paid services, so you basically pay to put all your files on a unsecured server. People who use cloud storage services have no sense at all.

Aravisian

Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:25:39 pm

star treker wrote:Swarf, I would seriously never trust an online cloud storage service. Most of them are paid services, so you basically pay to put all your files on a unsecured server. People who use cloud storage services have no sense at all.

I use Cloud storage (Pcloud and Sync Cloud). I do not store anything on them that cannot be spied on or that I really fear using and I never pay them. I use only the free services.
Comes in handy for moving files around or de-cluttering.
But I agree that they cannot be trusted and are not really secure, ins spite of their bold claims (Like Facebook, which I abhor and will never use.)