This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 12 Lite Unofficial Manual - work-in-progress

Swarfendor437

Mon May 07, 2018 7:34:02 pm

[UPDATED in terms of download location 16.02.2020]

I must be :x !!!

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... UytVYJ2Isy

JeffK969

Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:13:05 pm

Looking forward to the 15 Lite Unofficial Manual...LOL Just Kidding Swarfendor, you do too much... We appreciate you..

Swarfendor437

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:56:23 pm

Yeah, I know, I never got round to finishing it due to eldest being severely ill (misdiagnosed, even though she had been proven a month before she was in intensive care that she had proven positive for Systemic Lupus which if followed up instead of haematology consultant believing it to be plastik anaemia/leukemia) I lost momentum. If i work on the manuals then the forum suffers as I'm currently the only active moderator on here! Thanks for thinking about me! ;) :D

JeffK969

Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:14:24 pm

Aravisian does a really good job at helping, provides a lot of info... Maybe he can be recruited... Seems very knowledgeable.

And hope the eldest is doing OK... As well as you.

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:29:43 pm

JeffK969 wrote:Aravisian does a really good job at helping, provides a lot of info... Maybe he can be recruited... Seems very knowledgeable.

And hope the eldest is doing OK... As well as you.

Thanks. Eldest is doing best under circumstances and on top of the Lupus she also now has fibromyalgia to add insult to injury. :(

JeffK969

Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:08:18 pm

Any new tips for the recently released Lite 15? Or would the Core manual apply?

Swarfendor437

Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:12:43 pm

The Core is Core, Lite is Lite - the Unofficial 12 is similar, apart from the desktop wallpaper, and I am not sure what apps have changed. Apart from Link, who appears from time to time with his greater in-depth knowledge of GNU/Linux than I'll probably ever grasp, I'm the only active moderator. I am deeply indebted to Aravisian for all the help he gives. Bear in mind a moderator is not there just to proffer advice. It also involves approving/disapproving posts, removing forum spammers etc. etc.,
Maybe over the Christmas period I'll wipe my hot-swap drive of Sparky Linux :( and E-live :roll: and put 64-bit Lite on to start the next manual ... we'll just have to wait and see. :o :shock:

JeffK969

Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:17:55 am

I just downloaded the Lite 12 manual, will browse through it a little later... and yes, you are mad :evil: (1st post) LMAO...

OK, browsed through it... I guess if it's missing something, compared to the Core Manual, is the special changes and adds you made.
Additional packages to download. Like in Core you mentioned Tweak Tool, dconf Editor, Synaptic Package Manager. Do you have any recommendations
for those type of adds for Lite 15?

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:55:42 pm

[swarf' goes down to the local camera shop for a can of oxygen as he's running out of breath... sometime later...]

JeffK969

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:30:49 pm

We could probably get a tank of oxygen shipped to your door.
That should save you a few extra minutes... lol