This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Dual boot question...

cisco9904

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:17:48 pm

Hi I have Window 7 and want to install Zorin 5.1 beside it and went I do I restart the computer Zorin is not seen on the computer.It still uses window bootloader and don't have Zorin there,what I'm I doing wrong and how to fix it Thank You

Wolfman

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:57:55 am

If you are getting as far the installer, you should choose to reduce the Windoze partition and once you are satisfied that you have selected the right size, carry on with the install and put in your name and password and commit, it should install and tell you to reboot!!.

Regards Wolfman:)

cisco9904

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:49:36 pm

Thank you Sir.
I have installed xorin 5.1 but when I restart the computer the Bootloader for windows 7 starts and I don't zorin os there,so it starts in windows 7.I install it beside windows in the start up on the DVD. Thanks

cisco9904

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:25:52 pm

Thank You swarfendor437
I have a computer I build it has a Gigabyte M61P-S3 motherboard,it has a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Processor,it has 4 MBytes DDR2 Memory.I have 4 harddrives and the main harddrive has 2 partition 1 for Window 7 and the other Zorin 5.1 installed.When I installed Zorin I used the install along side window setup.When it starts up it goes straight to Window 7 don't see the Zorin Os on the harddrive. Thank You

cisco9904

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:45:16 am

Thank You swarfendor437
I will look at that to see partitions on each drive show up as primary.I got zorin os to boot up I used a program Easybcd to put in my bootloader but still like to find out what I did wrong in the first place.And yes I love Zorin so far I boot in to it about 60% of the time.

gvhools

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:41:21 pm

boot with live dvd,open a terminal and try this to see partion:
Code:
sudo fdisk -l