This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Poster per Request in this thread.

Krissya1a

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:38:05 pm

Preparing to Install Zorin

Postby Krissya1a » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:17 pm
I have come across the strangest issue in installing Zorin. First of all I have two computers, both running the Z-97 chip set. The only difference in the two machines in that one has an Asus Board in it, the other has a MSI board. Outside of those differences both boards have:

Central Processing Unit (CPU): Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Physical Memory X 4
8GB
8GB
8GB
8GB
Hard Disk X 5
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB (238.5GB)
ST2000NM0011 (1.8TB)
WDC WD2003FZEX-00SRLA0 (1.8TB)
ST2000NM0011 (1.8TB)
ST31500341AS (1.4TB)
Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Audio Device X 5
Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1
Intel(R) Display Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
USB Audio Device
HD Pro Webcam C910
Network Adapter
Wi-Fi - Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless Network Adapter (Media disconnected)
Ethernet - Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Connected)

I have tried numerous times on the Asus Z-97 Deluxe to install Zorin 12 Ultimate and the as far as I can get is the Window that says "Preparing to Install Zorin" and it never gets past that. The other thing that occurs is about a minute or two after I start the installation I get a dialogue box that pops up but the only thing in it is a bunch of question marks and then the button that say OK. I installed Zorin on my MSI board with absolutely no problem, but the Asus board I can't seem to get it to work. I thought maybe the iso file had become corrupted some how so I even downloaded a new version tonight with exactly the same results. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this has stumped me for several days now and my frustration levels are pretty high, LOL

Krissya1a

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:44:54 pm

Have you tried modifying the boot commands in Live Mode by pressing TAB key and entering:

Code:
nomodeset, acpi=off
?

Have you tried the text method of installing? (This was aimed at nVidia users but might help?):

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13063&p=57294#p57294

zorinantwerp

Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:15:41 am

Hi, it sucks that lots of the Asus MB's do not have the option anymore for users to disable the secure boot (greyed out). Do not know if your model is affected. If so go into UEFI and look for "Key Management" and select "Clear Secure Boot keys". The action can reversed to default again.

+++