This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

can't install on sda and more

leminsc8

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:51:22 pm

foreword
Hello, I'm still very new and come from the Windows world and would like to move.
I would first consider a multiboot.
Nevertheless, there are uncertainties and problems here and there in which I depend on your help.

installation
The installation wizard of Ubuntu (and ZorinOS) I already had the problem that the existing operating system Windows 10 (sda) was not recognized. In the alternative installation by manual patenting he had the plate sda ​​not to choose from. Only the bootloader sda was detected. On the sdb disk (which stood for the installation selection) is later exclusively the "own files" of Windows and Home of Linux which he released me for installation / formatting. Where is my problem here?

formatting
Is ext4 the optimal format for the Ubuntu operating system?
* what size and formatting format is recommended for the bootlaoder?
* Is ntfs possible for the home directory, so that I can also write large files and have access to it under Windows?

grub2
* Can I install Grub2 without hesitation after the installation of Ubuntu (besides Windows) and if so, do I have to reserve already, say 1-2MB of sda?

SWAP
* at 4GB Ram are 5 GB swap enough?
* is a dynamic swap recommended?

Reset Windows 10
* Suppose I have successfully installed Ubuntu with Windows as a multiboot with Grub2. Would Grub2 be overwritten by Windows MBR if I did a system restore of Windows? If I can because of that, should not go there wrong, because the MBR of Windows is set up only with a new installation. Correct?
-------------------
orginal:
Vorwort
Hallo, ich bin noch ganz neu und komme aus der Windows-Welt und würde gerne umziehen.
Deswege würde ich zunächst ein Multiboot in betracht ziehen.
Dennoch besteht hier und da noch Unsicherheiten und Probelme bei denen ich auf eure Hilfe angewiesen bin.

Installation
Bei der Installations-Assistent von Ubuntu (und ZorinOS) hatte ich bereits das Problem das, das bestehende Betriebssystem Windows 10 (sda) nicht erkannt wurde. Bei der alternativen Installation durch manuelle Patentionierung hatte er die Platte sda gar nicht zur Auswahl gestellt. Lediglich beim Bootloader wurde sda erkannt. Auf der sdb-Platte (welche zur Installationsauswahl stand) soll später ausschließlich das "Eigene Dateien" von Windows und Home von Linux welches er mir jedoch zur Installation/Formatierung freigab. Wo ist hier mein Problem?

Formatierung
* Ist ext4 das optimale Format für das Ubuntu-Betriebssystem?
* welche Größe und Formatierungsformat ist für den bootlaoder empfehlenswert?
* Ist ntfs für das Homeverzeichniss möglich, sodass ich auch große Dateien schreiben kann und auch unter Windows zugriff darauf habe?

Grub2
* kann ich Grub2 bedenkenlos nach der Installation von Ubuntu (neben Windows) installieren und wenn ja muss ich bereits jetzt, sagen wir 1-2MB der sda reservieren?

SWAP
* bei 4GB Ram sind 5 GB Swap genügend?
* ist ein Dynamischer Swap empfehlenswert?

Windows 10 zurücksetzen
* Nehmen wir an ich habe Ubuntu mit Windows als multiboot mit Grub2 erfolgreich installiert. Würde Grub2 von Windows MBR überschrieben werden, sofern ich eine Systemwiederherstellung von Windows durchführe? Wenn ich das ab wegen kann, sollte da ja nicht schief gehen, da der MBR von Windows nur bei einer Neuinstallation eingerichtet wird. Richtig?

Thanks in advance
if you can answer in detail in German, I would be obliged to thank

Swarfendor437

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30:03 pm

Guten Abend and Wilkommen zu Zorin Forum! Das ist das Beste, was ich einem Freund anbieten kann:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=

Halten uns auf dem Laufenden.

[English: Good evening and welcome to Zorin Forum! This is the best I can offer friend. (Web Address). Keep us posted.]

leminsc8

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:08:39 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Guten Abend and Wilkommen zu Zorin Forum! Das ist das Beste, was ich einem Freund anbieten kann:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=

Halten uns auf dem Laufenden.

[English: Good evening and welcome to Zorin Forum! This is the best I can offer friend. (Web Address). Keep us posted.]

I forgot to mention that I have to install grub2 under bios.

except for the aforementioned questions, I was able to recharchieren everything on ubtunuusers.de
It would still be nice if you could answer some of the questions as they were not documented on the page.
I am a bit uncertain I would like to have only a confirmation of a few short questions :-)
If you do not understand something, I will try to be more precise ;)

I'm just about to organize an old hard drive that should solve the sda problem.
i will post it if i have problems with the new disk nad installing of zorinos.

greez

Swarfendor437

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:30:15 am

Hallo, wenn Sie beabsichtigen, LVM (Large Volume Management) auf der Zorin Partitionen müssen Sie eine "Boot"-Partition (512 MB zu ext4 formatiert haben). Ich dont ' bekommen ein Maschine mit UEFI aber dies ist welches ich Tat wenn ich gewohnt an Doppel--einen Fußtritt geben Win10 mit Zorin.

1. verwenden Sie die Datenträgerverwaltung in Win10, um C:\Drive

2. verwenden Sie die Datenträgerverwaltung, um ein erweitertes Volume zu erstellen:

3. erstellen Sie Boot-Sektor von 512 MB EXT 4-Dies ist, wo grub sollte während der Installation installiert werden

4. Create 30720 MIB (30 GB) primäre Partition für Dateisystem, markiert als '/' root-Partition nach der Boot-Partition.

5. erstellen Sie die gleiche Größe der Swap-Bereich, wie Sie Speicher haben (wenn 8 GB RAM dann Swap-Bereich 8 GB RAM-keine Notwendigkeit, Dateisystem als Swap-Bereich definieren erstellt seine eigene.

6. zwischen '/' und ' Swap-Bereich ' erstellen '/Home ' für alle Ihre Daten, Musik etc.

Sie können nicht formatieren Home to ' NTFS '-Ihr bester Weg wäre zu entscheiden, eine "Datenpartition" zu NTFS-formatiert haben-dann beide mit 10 und Zorin kann es als Zorin kommt mit ntfs3g bereit installiert zu lesen und zu schreiben, um NTFS-Partitionen.

Zurück in Win 10 installierte ich Neosmart es Easy BCD, so dass Win10 MBR geändert wird, um die Aufnahme für Zorin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlTgaWs9BD0

https://vimeo.com/110085401

[Englisch:
Hi, If you intend to have LVM (Large Volume Management) on the Zorin partitions you will need to have a '/boot' partition (512 Mb formatted to ext4). I don't have a machine with UEFI but this is what I did when I used to dual-boot Win10 with Zorin.

1. Use Disk Management in Win10 to shrink C:\Drive

2. Use Disk Management to create an Extended Volume then:

3. Create /boot sector of 512 Mb ext 4 - this is where GRUB should be installed to during installation process

4. Create 30720 Mib (30 Gb) primary partition for file system, marked as '/' Root Partition after the /boot partition.

5. Create same size of swap area as you have memory (If 8 Gb RAM then swap area 8 GB RAM - no need to define file system as swap area creates its own.

6. between '/' and 'swap area' create '/home' for all your data, music etc.

You cannot format home to 'ntfs' - your best way forward would be to decide to have a 'data partition' formatted to NTFS - then both Wih 10 and Zorin can access it as Zorin comes with ntfs3g ready installed to read and write to NTFS partitions.

Back in Win 10 I installed NeoSmart's Easy BCD so that Win10 mbr is amended to pick up entry for Zorin.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlTgaWs9BD0

https://vimeo.com/110085401