This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to Install Zoring alongside Mint in the same drive?

pcfan5

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:31:44 pm

Hello I wonder how to Install Zoring alongside Mint in the same drive?, I didn't a get a window instalation screen while instalation, i was hopping to get "install alongside .....",I have to install in a second drive, an grub gives me chance to choose, but that drive is slow....Regards

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:56:53 pm

Hi, I suspect you would need to shrink your Mint Drive to make space in the first place, then see if you can point it to the free space? ;) :D

pcfan5

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:01:49 pm

:D :D good idea... I will keep it in mind!

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:44:04 pm

Just remember, if you did not install Mint with LVM (Large Volume Management) and you want to make the Mint allocation bigger it won't work. Standard GNU/Linux installs only allow shrinkage of Partitions, not expanding, unless LVM has been applied at point of install. ;) :D

pcfan5

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:54:40 pm

I don't remember how I installed Mint, I always use "other options", and work with a "new partition table". I am not very familiarized with LVM. But it is not a hurry to solve this right now.. I am thinking about installing Zoring in my notebook along side Mint in the future.