This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Problem with installation

JhonnDa

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:02:24 pm

I have a big problem when installing Zorin OS 12.4 and it is that when starting the laptop from the USB in which I have the boot of Zorin, it runs and I select to install, it stays in the logo and does not advance from there.

Sorry if my english is not very good, but I would appreciate it if you could find a solution.

pcfan5

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:14:12 pm

Hello, does your laptop have UEFI or BIOS?
Can you give more details about it ?

How did you create your USBlive? What program did you use?
Regards

ps: Don't worry about your english, mine isn't better. However here in this forum you will find kind friends, they won't judge.

JhonnDa

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:21:26 pm

UEFI
It's a Asus FX503
16 gb Ram
Gtx 1050 4gb
I7 7700HQ 2,80 GHz

I used Rufus

zorinantwerp

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:43:51 pm

Hi

your request should contain following info
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5449

I suppose you are trying to install a dual boot with windows (which version?)

you can find excellent 'how to's" on this board but I am adding an external link to give you a first visual idea
Code:
https://www.linuxtechi.com/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-ubuntu-16-04/

Zorin 12 is derived from Ubuntu 16.04 so procedure is similar

+++

JhonnDa

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:07:50 pm

The laptop is an Asus FX503
16 bg of RAM
I have installed windows 10 and I have already the partition
I have one SSD 128 gb and a 1TB HDD, I created the partition in the HDD
NVidia GTX 1050 4gb
Audio Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Intel PROset/Wireless
I don't know what is Zorin Live
The last one, Zorin 12.4 Core

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:47:09 am

Zorin 'Live' is Core running in memory instead of an installation so you get to see before installing if it will work. In order to install I would advise you disable UEFI and choose EFI/Legacy or preferably Legacy only. If possible disable your SSD in the BIOS. You will need to install EasyBCD from NeoSmart Technologies (the free one) and install it to Windows 10, run it and then add the Zorin entry. ;) :D

zorinantwerp

Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:08:22 pm

Hi again

16GB DDR4 - 7th generation Intel® Core™ processor and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 10-series.......it is a game computer so wonder what use you have for linux :)

anyway congratulations it must be the most heavy spec laptop I have seen in here

cheers

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:24:47 pm

zorinantwerp wrote:Hi again

16GB DDR4 - 7th generation Intel® Core™ processor and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 10-series.......it is a game computer so wonder what use you have for linux :)

anyway congratulations it must be the most heavy spec laptop I have seen in here

cheers

Perhaps the user wants to play Xonotic! ;)

JhonnDa

Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:31:02 pm

Hello, I found the solution, it was due to my graphics card, I could not run the boot, so I installed it in safe mode and through the terminal and following a tutorial I could do it :D
And I use Linux because I study Systems Engineering and it's a requirement to know and I've always liked it :3
Thank you all for replying

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:27:14 pm

Glad to hear you are now sorted! Will mark as [RESOLVED] ;) :D

Pat Cunningham

Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:27:40 pm

JhonnDa wrote:Hello, I found the solution, it was due to my graphics card, I could not run the boot, so I installed it in safe mode and through the terminal and following a tutorial I could do it :D
And I use Linux because I study Systems Engineering and it's a requirement to know and I've always liked it :3

I'm having the same problem could you post a link to the tutorial that you used?
Thanks

Swarfendor437

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:09:38 pm

Pat Cunningham wrote:
JhonnDa wrote:Hello, I found the solution, it was due to my graphics card, I could not run the boot, so I installed it in safe mode and through the terminal and following a tutorial I could do it :D

I'm having the same problem could you post a link to the tutorial that you used?
Thanks

Try decalman's text method of installation:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8004&p=38810#p38810

dondy

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:29:58 am

Thanks man! I'm Using a similar specs but diff brand and I face a same problem couldn't install.