This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

zorin on m.2

yohan67

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:53:34 pm

im new to this group and start by saying hello to all.

i setting up a new am4 pc and looking for a heads up on any problems i may come across with the setup.

1- installing on a m.2 drive
2- msi x370 gaming m7 ack motherboard
3- ryzen 5 2600 cpc
4- amd fir pro w500 graphic card *2
5- heat management

6- using virtual box,
i been using zorin 12 for a few yeas on mt thought book cf19 mark 4, and all good apart from virtual box an have after many hour of trying to get a program to run called "onecnc xr5" resorted to a dual boot because of the use dongle and the laptop was under powered.

any help would be much appreciated on this new project

many thanks john

Swarfendor437

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:09:21 pm

I may be wrong but your main problem is likely to be your choice of graphics card. I would seriously consider installing nvidia graphics over AMD as they no longer directly support GNU/Linux, it tending to be wrapped up in the GNU/Linux kernel. I am using virtual box on this old rig without any issues, having multiple iso's installed to Virtual Hard Disks. ;) :D

See also: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14108

zorinantwerp

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:31:11 pm

Hi

you might sit out and await the new release of Zorin or in anticipation try out ubuntu 18.04
Code:
https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-the-latest-amd-radeon-drivers-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux

good luck with your project :)