This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Got problems when trying to install Zorin on my HP Notebook

nico323vera

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:12:45 am

The issue is that I can't install the OS in my laptop, it has a Ryzen 3 2200U with a Radeon 530, and when i press the Try Zorin before installing or the installing button it just got black, and it doesn't response anymore. I've been reading, and I think is about my Graphics card, but I don't Know exactly what to do

PD: I'm a Linux Noob LOL

SPECS
-Ryzen 3 2200U
-Radeon 530 Mobile
-8GB RAM DDR4 2400MHZ

My laptop is a HP Notebook 15db0009la

Thanks if you can help me :)

zorinantwerp

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:38:03 am

Hi nico323vera,

cannot trace 15db0009la on HP website!
have you selected 'try Zorin' option? did that work?
do you intend to use dual boot (windows10+zorin) or may Zorin overwrite data?

please let know .thanks

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:05:51 pm

When booting from live media, and you see accessibility icon (little person) = keyboard, press space bar then press F6 and check mark:

acpi=off
noapic
nolapic
nomodeset

Then report back. ;) :D

Apart from Graphics issues we do not know if you are replacing or dual-booting. HP Notebooks usually come with 4 Primary partitions - Recovery, C:\drive, Drivers partition, Recovery partition - 4 Primary partitions are the max on any hard drive so you will have to get rid of one of those partitions then resize C:\ if dual-booting.

nico323vera

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:48:31 pm

zorinantwerp wrote:Hi nico323vera,

cannot trace 15db0009la on HP website!
have you selected 'try Zorin' option? did that work?
do you intend to use dual boot (windows10+zorin) or may Zorin overwrite data?

please let know .thanks

Sorry, I'm trying to make dualboot, and the try zorin option get frezed too :( (w10+Zorin)

nico323vera

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:49:49 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:When booting from live media, and you see accessibility icon (little person) = keyboard, press space bar then press F6 and check mark:

acpi=off
noapic
nolapic
nomodeset

Then report back. ;) :D

Apart from Graphics issues we do not know if you are replacing or dual-booting. HP Notebooks usually come with 4 Primary partitions - Recovery, C:\drive, Drivers partition, Recovery partition - 4 Primary partitions are the max on any hard drive so you will have to get rid of one of those partitions then resize C:\ if dual-booting.

When I boot from my USB It just get into the try or install Screen, It doesn't show me a man with a keyboard :(

zorinantwerp

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:10:48 pm

Hi

nico323vera wrote: When I boot from my USB It just get into the try or install Screen, It doesn't show me a man with a keyboard :(

Please check it is not a case of a 32 bit laptop on which you try to run Zorin 64bit. Download the correct ISO again from Zorin Blog.
Code:
https://zorinos.com/help/install-zorin-os/

Also observe the explanation given on checksum. and also the general information.

As the laptop boots, the user can gain access to the advanced page and its options by pressing any key when the small logo appears at the bottom of your screen:

The possible issue on a graphic driver comes later

success

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:22:07 pm

OK, have you done this to your Windows 10 computer:

1. Changed the BIOS Settings to Legacy or dual mode (EFI/Legacy)?

2. Gone into advanced Power Settings in Windows 10 and turn off all quick boot settings? (these are usually the hidden settings that you have to show to turn off as Windows 10 never shuts the hard drive off.

3. Disable quick boot in BIOS?

4. Looked at shrinking C:\ Drive on Windows 10?

5. You will still also have the issue of 4 Primary Partitions which you can check in Windows Management | Disk Management.

nico323vera

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:22:46 pm

zorinantwerp wrote:Hi

nico323vera wrote: When I boot from my USB It just get into the try or install Screen, It doesn't show me a man with a keyboard :(

Please check it is not a case of a 32 bit laptop on which you try to run Zorin 64bit. Download the correct ISO again from Zorin Blog.
Code:
https://zorinos.com/help/install-zorin-os/

Also observe the explanation given on checksum. and also the general information.

As the laptop boots, the user can gain access to the advanced page and its options by pressing any key when the small logo appears at the bottom of your screen:

The possible issue on a graphic driver comes later

success

The thing is that I don't get the first image you posted, so I can't get into that mode :(

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:27:17 pm

I suspect it could be a corrupt iso on your stick then as you should always get that little person = keyboard at boot. ;)

nico323vera

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:43:53 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:OK, have you done this to your Windows 10 computer:

1. Changed the BIOS Settings to Legacy or dual mode (EFI/Legacy)?

2. Gone into advanced Power Settings in Windows 10 and turn off all quick boot settings? (these are usually the hidden settings that you have to show to turn off as Windows 10 never shuts the hard drive off.

3. Disable quick boot in BIOS?

4. Looked at shrinking C:\ Drive on Windows 10?

5. You will still also have the issue of 4 Primary Partitions which you can check in Windows Management | Disk Management.

I'll try these options, if I get it I'll tell you, thanks :3

nico323vera

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:44:57 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:I suspect it could be a corrupt iso on your stick then as you should always get that little person = keyboard at boot. ;)

I thought the same thing, but i Downloaded again the ISO and the same problem happend

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:44:07 pm

What usb installer did you attempt to use? Did you format the USB to FAT32?

nico323vera

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:00:50 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:What usb installer did you attempt to use? Did you format the USB to FAT32?

I used Rufus and I set the files in FAT32

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:30:37 am

did you check the md5/SHA sum of the iso?

nico323vera

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:08:22 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:did you check the md5/SHA sum of the iso?

Don't know what is that, and how to do it. The thing i did was to verify the ISO with the program the Website says

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:36:01 pm

I would try downloading iso again and don't use any Download Accelerator Manager in the process.

See: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1030313 ... s-blinking

nico323vera

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:16:38 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:I would try downloading iso again and don't use any Download Accelerator Manager in the process.

See: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1030313 ... s-blinking

I'll try to download again, but I don't think that's going to solve my problem BTW, i Launched the iso on A VB and the live mode was usable

nico323vera

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:52:30 am

Okay, I got news, I configured my bios with Legacy and UEFI (dual mode) And i Started the ISO in legacy mode, then I marked the following options

acpi=off
noapic
nolapic
nomodeset

But nothing happened, it got frezed again :(

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:51:41 pm

just try it with nomodeset checked and report back please.

nico323vera

Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:46:57 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:just try it with nomodeset checked and report back please.

I tried just with the nomodeset and again nothing happend, I just saw couple erros flashing on the screen, but it is really fast,i can't get the code lines :(

zorinantwerp

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31:17 pm

Hi

" i Launched the iso on A VB and the live mode was usable" can you rephrase/clarify?

for me it is still not clear why 'try Zorin" does not work as it always does !
After all your efforts I would try Ubuntbu 18.10 to see if you get it to work as 'try'
Code:
https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

kindly let know status
+++

nico323vera

Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:36:16 pm

zorinantwerp wrote:Hi

" i Launched the iso on A VB and the live mode was usable" can rephrase/clarify?

for me it is still not clear why 'try Zorin" does not work as it always does !
After all your efforts I would try Ubuntbu 18.10 to see if you get it to work as 'try'
Code:
https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

kindly lt know status
+++

I'd try with Ubuntu, then I'll report back :)

nico323vera

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:55:04 am

Ok, I got a new Update, I tested Ubuntu 18.10 and It Worked normally, didn't had problems with booting ;s

zorinantwerp

Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:59:11 am

nico323vera wrote:Ok, I got a new Update, I tested Ubuntu 18.10 and It Worked normally, didn't had problems with booting ;s

congratulations, I would suggest now to await the beta of Zorin's new release which is due within 2 weeks or so.

:D

nico323vera

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:44:05 pm

zorinantwerp wrote:
nico323vera wrote:Ok, I got a new Update, I tested Ubuntu 18.10 and It Worked normally, didn't had problems with booting ;s

congratulations, I would suggest now to await the beta of Zorin's new release which is due within 2 weeks or so.

:D

Okay, I'll, but, where can I get that beta?

zorinantwerp

Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:18:19 pm

Hi, it Will be announced on this forum. Stay tuned.

nico323vera

Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:07:06 pm

zorinantwerp wrote:Hi, it Will be announced on this forum. Stay tuned.

Okay, thank you very much, I hope that to be soon, Can't wait to install Zorin on my laptop :3

nico323vera

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:22:10 pm

What happened with the Zorin update?? I've been waiting for at least 3 months!!!

zorinantwerp

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:25:39 pm

Hi

here you find the ISO download
https://zoringroup.com/blog/2019/03/20/ ... rin-os-is/
success
+++