This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

cannot boot Zorin 15 from USB

pcfan5

Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:20:37 pm

Hi there! as I mentioned in the feedback post I am not able to boot Zorin 15 From USB , I have created a USB live with YUMI where I have others distros, since it has space I use it a general USB installer device. I have tried creating the usblive in several times, first running YUMI In windows 7 virtual box, then thrue wine. Yumi works perfect, but when I hit F11 and select the USB pendrive and then linux installers , Zorin Beta , I got the zorin booting screen where automaticaly counts 10 seconds, no matter if I wait or if I just hit enter, I always get a loop,.

I also check my BIOS to be set fine like mentioned in this post. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14218

I have the same problem trying to boot Zorin 15 live USB in my laptop. I don't have the same issue with the other distros set in the same pendrive.

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:57:02 pm

I think YUMI is one of the systems I dropped rapidly on testing various flavours. Sometimes when new OS's come out the pendrive software has not been updated or the end user hasn't checked for updates - sometimes it won't work if the pendrive software simply just doesn't support it. At least with MultiSystem you get an instant answer whether it will be able to run or not - can't remember if it was YUMI or other sytem I used that gave an impression that the image was being created, then 20 minutes later a message would appear "unable to create image, "X" OS is not supported at this time"! ;) :D

pcfan5

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:09:24 pm

I understand I have downloaded the latest versión of yumi.
ID Love System as well but it isn't allowed me to set several Windows images in the same pendrive, which I need for Work

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:17:58 pm

I would ask work to provide you with a works pen drive! ;) :D

pcfan5

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:04:38 pm

sometimes I repair pc for non belivers ;)