This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Some help and question

Brujo

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:17:00 pm

when I try to start the installation in my laptop ( asus GL503VD) I can't began because I choose "start installation" and then the screen freeze with the logo of Zorin. But never start the installation... I guess is because the Nvidia driver start at power on the laptop...
well someone know how to solution this problem.
But the way I have dual disk one with win10 500gb and the other 40 gb where I want to install the Zorin... please help
//
Cuando intento iniciar la instalación de zorin se me queda pegado con el logo de zorin y ahí se queda. y creo que es porque mi notebook tiene una nvidia 1050ti y parte con esa y zzorin no reconoce esos drivers.... bueno por favor ayuda,

Swarfendor437

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:08:04 pm

Having checked out the specs of your notebook they are supposed to only hold 1 x SSD of 1 TB not two hard drives? I suspect the real reason you cannot install Zorin is due to Windows 10 settings.

1. Turn off Fast Boot in BIOS
2. Enable 'legacy' or combo 'EFI/Legacy' mode - if it supports it - if you see 'CSM' greyed out in BIOS you may never be able to install anything but Windows!
3. While in Windows 10, unhide the advanced Power settings and turn the advanced settings in respect of powering down to off - this is the bit where Windows 10 tells the Hard Drive never to completely shut down for faster booting - it will override everything else!

Después de haber comprobado las especificaciones de su cuaderno que se supone que sólo tienen 1 x SSD de 1 TB no dos discos duros? Sospecho que la verdadera razón por la que no puede instalar Zorin es debido a la configuración de Windows 10.

If it is nvidia issue, try decalman's text install method:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8004&p=38810#p38810

1. Apague el arranque rápido en el BIOS
2. Habilite el modo ' Legacy ' o Combo ' EFI/Legacy '-si es compatible-Si ve ' CSM ' atenuado en la BIOS, es posible que nunca pueda instalar nada más que Windows!
3. mientras que en Windows 10, Mostrar la configuración avanzada de energía y gire la configuración avanzada con respecto a la alimentación hacia abajo-este es el bit en el que Windows 10 le dice al disco duro que nunca se apague por completo para un arranque más rápido-¡ anulará todo lo demás!

Si es un problema de NVIDIA, pruebe el método de instalación de texto de decalman:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8004&p=38810#p38810