This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

live usb boot - blank screen, problem with nvidia graphics

frkntony

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:17:30 pm

Hi guys. I'm trying to install ZorinOS 12.4 ultimate x64 on my laptop.

The problem is that once I select install ZorinOS or try ZorinOS I'm stuck with a blank screen. I assume the problem is with my nvidia graphics. So, I've tried to modify my boot settings e.g. use nomodeset with quite splash and instead of quite splash. Also I've tried to used some other commands from this thread viewtopic.php?t=7694

Nothing seems to work. I just need to install the image and from there I'll be able to deal with my graphics card drivers. Any advice?

Swarfendor437

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:34:07 pm

Just attempting to install ZorinOS with no other OS present? Make and model of notebook please. ;) :D

frkntony

Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:20:30 pm

My hardware is dell g5 5587 with 1060 max-q. For a long time I had single boot windows 10. Recently, I installed ubuntu in dualboot. It booted and worked fine out of the box.

Now, I deleted ubuntu + grub and I'm trying to install ZorinOS alongside with windows 10. For some reason I'm stuck at the loading screen even when I use nomodeset flag.

When I press E I have this preset. As I wrote above, I've tried several flags with and without quite splash and couldn't make it work.

frkntony

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:24:20 pm

Well, I managed to install ZorinOS in dual boot with windows.

I chose try without install and I spammed my enter key like 10+ times and it worked out in the end. Idk, super weird.

My issue is resolved.