This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Ar3k/AthrBT_0x00000200.dfu patch file not found.

zorintester

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:01:15 pm

Hello,
I tried to install Zorin 12.x ultimate on a msi GS60 6qe laptop. After booting, choosing to install zorin ultimate, the installation stops with problems related to the Bluetooth controller. Indeed I have the Following error :
"
patch file not found Ar3k/AthrBT_0x00000200.dfu
"
Many forums on internet provide solutions to this problem, by patching the installation files with non official upgrades, indeed it seems to be a long disserted issue when installing linux (Ubuntu or else ) on msi laptops.

1 ) Is there any solution provided by zorin to solve this issue ? Any upgrades as for other versions of linux ?
2) Could any solution provided on internet ( patching the installation files ) work on zorin ultimate ? As I have an ultimate (payable with upgrades) version of zorin I am not sure this will work even if zorin is built on the base of Ubuntu moreover zorin is not Ubuntu.

Thank you for your help,

Swarfendor437

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:40:31 pm

Looks they suffer other issues to:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/808598/ ... redirect=1

Whilst Zorin is not Ubuntu it is a fork of (12 that is) of 16.04.x - only the front end of Gnome is obviously different. And as I have already stated, the likes of MSI were made for Windows - if you want a piece of hardware that was meant to work:

Entroware
System 76
Zareason
ThinkPenguin

Just enter any of the above in a search engine. ;) :D

zorinantwerp

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:27:07 pm

Hi

Since you own a paid version of the OS I would suggest to approach developers directly.
Look at the ‘zorin blog’ for contacting form.
https://zorinos.com/help/zorin-premium-support/

Cheers

killians_red

Thu May 02, 2019 6:46:03 pm

Don't waste your time. I've owned a paid version of 12.04 since it came out. I have asked three questions, and not once did I get a response!

Very poor support for a paid product. What? seek help in the forums? Yeah, kinda defeats the purpose of paying for support...

I'm done with this lackluster OS, built on a post dated Ubuntu LTS. Going back to Debian. The TRUE OS, which by the way, doesn't have issues with bluetooth. Zorin fails to properly detect it on my laptop,

Swarfendor437

Thu May 02, 2019 7:24:37 pm

killians_red wrote:Don't waste your time. I've owned a paid version of 12.04 since it came out. I have asked three questions, and not once did I get a response!

Very poor support for a paid product. What? seek help in the forums? Yeah, kinda defeats the purpose of paying for support...

I'm done with this lackluster OS, built on a post dated Ubuntu LTS. Going back to Debian. The TRUE OS, which by the way, doesn't have issues with bluetooth. Zorin fails to properly detect it on my laptop,

I have PM'd AZorin to look in to your bluetooth issue with some urgency - fingers crossed! ;)