This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Activate/enable Settings->ZorinAppearance->Theme->Shelltheme

pccobbler

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:12:40 pm

I should first admit I'm a Cinnamon junkie.

I installed mate-themes and looked at Settings -> Zorin Appearance -> Theme -> Shell theme, hoping that it was enabled so I could make my ZorinOS desktop look like my Cinnamon one. However, it was not enabled. How do I enable it?

zorinantwerp

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:31:54 pm

Hi

please which Zorin version you refr to?

under v12 I did exactly the same :)

+++

pccobbler

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:49:34 pm

Oops, sorry, Core. I just installed it, so it's whatever version is currently available on ZorinOS website.

zorinantwerp

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:59:33 pm

Hi
ok it can be done for Zorin 15Beta (devs not gonna like it)

in the GUI you will have 4 options
*cinnamon
*cinnamon (software rendering)
*Zorin desktop
*Zorin desktop Wayland

under Terminal (Ctrl+Alt+t)
Code:
sudo apt install cinnamon-desktop-environment lightdm

package manager - click ok for lightdm
default package manager select lightdm
reboot
the version of Cinnamon in the standard repositories is not the latest version available, but it is adequate for testing.
note: you will have synaptic package manager as a standard at your disposal (for later use) :)
:)

pccobbler

Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:13:46 pm

Not only the devs won't like it, haha. I installed the two packages, but now I cannot login. I'm not sure if the login data was overwritten somehow or Zorin is incompatible with Cinnamon. I noticed during the installation that there were errors regarding firmware, which I wouldn't have expected. Oh well, this was a new installation of Zorin and installation does not take very long. I'll try again. Thanks for your assistance.

zabadabadoo

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:09:01 pm

pccobbler wrote:Oops, sorry, Core. I just installed it, so it's whatever version is currently available on ZorinOS website.

If you downloaded Zorin Core from the Zorin website that could either be :
Zorin 12.4 Core or
Zorin 15 Core (Beta).

If you have 12.4 Core, not 15 Core (Beta), then that may be a factor affecting sucess, as I think zorinantwerp replies assumed you have the 15 Core (Beta).