This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Since Blog 02.04.2019 - is there a newer Release available?

chrissi55

Thu May 23, 2019 8:00:28 pm

Hey Guys,

can it be true that since last Blog 02.04.2019 - there is still that one (first) BETA.

Or can I download a newer Release of Zorin 15 meanwhile anywhere?

Swarfendor437

Thu May 23, 2019 8:28:03 pm

To the best of my knowledge there has been no updates other than through the standard update channel - remember AZorin has already pointed out that existing users of Zorin 15 Core Beta will get the updates to make it into a formal release install i.e., once Zorin 15 final is released, Beta users will get all the updates to turn it into a final release from Beta. ;) :D

chrissi55

Fri May 24, 2019 4:22:47 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:.....AZorin has already pointed out that existing users of Zorin 15 Core Beta will get the updates to make it into a formal release install i.e., once Zorin 15 final is released, Beta users will get all the updates to turn it into....

So, and i' m a Ultimate User. And if i don't misunderstood
I can't Upgrade that easily later. Business and Ultimate Users have
to build from Scratch. In that case Core Install is senseless
isn't it?

Swarfendor437

Fri May 24, 2019 6:48:25 pm

Well it might not mean having to backup all your data. What software do you specifically need? ;) :D

simonsaysthis

Sat May 25, 2019 5:07:13 am

chrissi55 wrote:
So, and i' m a Ultimate User. And if i don't misunderstood
I can't Upgrade that easily later. Business and Ultimate Users have
to build from Scratch. In that case Core Install is senseless
isn't it?

You right, unfortunately Ultimate users suffer from the delay and lack of update. v15 was announced for end of last year and AFAIK subscription doesn't carry over. So for the last 6 months buying Ultimate was rather a waste.

Swarfendor437

Sat May 25, 2019 6:26:19 pm

Not really as, like Ubuntu 16.04 on which 12 is based lasts until April 2021. ;) :D