This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Beta to stable upgrade

wptophat

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:43:47 pm

I have been using ZorinOS 15 beta. I am just wondering is the upgrade from Beta to stable automatic, or do I need to download the new stable ISO and reinstall?

zabadabadoo

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:05:36 pm

I have seen answer to this question mentioned elsewhere on the forum.
Now that 15Core final is released by Zorin, if you now run Software Updater from your 15Core beta, then you will update to the final release version without need to re-install.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:18:59 pm

As zabadabadoo says, no need to install, you will now have all the packages needed to make it a final release installation:

"- If you have the Zorin OS 15 Beta installed, running the Software Updater as soon as the stable version is released will upgrade you to the stable Core edition of Zorin OS 15" - See:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14324&hilit=final+release&start=80#p63388

wptophat

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:25:16 pm

Thanks for the help guys!

riccardo

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:12:10 pm

Hi there. I'm using zorin os 15.1.... is there a way to try the beta updates?

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:40:34 pm

No. Are you using 15.1 r2? r2 is the latest released by Team Zorin so that it works better out of the box than earlier iterations of Zorin. You would still get updates to the latest release anyways. Just make sure your software source in Software Updater is set to Main Server and not your countries locale. ;) :D

zabadabadoo

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:36:06 pm

@riccardo.
Maybe you were misled by the title of this thread.
Note the date of the OP was back in June 2019. That was the time when initial Zorin 15beta users started to move to final Zorin 15.0 release.
We are now on Zorin 15.1. (assuming OS updates are being accepted)
I don't expect any public beta versions before Zorin 18 may make an entrance in a few years time. This assuming the previous launch sequence prevails.
Hope that explains a bit more background and the reference to Beta version here.