This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Keyboard setup

johne53

Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:16:01 pm

Is there a way to choose a non-US keyboard in Zorin? Mine needs to be UK layout but when I chose Settings->Devices->Keyboard it only seemed to offer settings for my keyboard shortcuts. So I tried Settings->Region & Language but that doesn't seem to help either... :?:

Aravisian

Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:02:28 pm

johne53 wrote: So I tried Settings->Region & Language but that doesn't seem to help either... :?:

It is there, just hard to spot. Go back to Region and Lang, scroll down and look for Input Sources with a small Plus Sign. Click that plus sign to add what you need.

johne53

Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:56:35 am

Thanks Aravisian but something's still not right here...

When I opened that dialog, English UK was already selected but I re-installed it and re-selected it anyway. However several keys are still wrong.... For example, the key to the LHS of my Return key should give me a hash symbol but in fact it gives me a backslash. And the key next to it should give me an 'at' sign but in fact it gives me double quotation marks.
<--

johne53

Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:19:31 pm

Okay, I think I found it... over at the RHS of my launch bar was a small symbol saying en and when I clicked on it, that one was still set to English (US). Changing it to English (UK) has fixed the problem :D