This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Upgrade 12 to 15

reblacklaf

Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:53:56 pm

Yes, I purchased distro 15 sometime ago but have not upgraded from my distro 12 as I had to have my son come and get everything running. After I purchased 15 I found that everything would have to be setup again rather than just update it. My son has moved away and is not able to help. Has the distro 15.1 been updated so that it can update my distro 12 without getting someone to come in an verify everything works?

Randall E. Black

Swarfendor437

Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:39:30 am

OK, so you purchased 15, which means you get install support from Team Zorin. You need to fill out the contact form here:

https://zorinos.com/help/zorin-installation-support/

Aravisian

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:43:42 am

reblacklaf wrote:Yes, I purchased distro 15 sometime ago but have not upgraded from my distro 12 as I had to have my son come and get everything running. After I purchased 15 I found that everything would have to be setup again rather than just update it. My son has moved away and is not able to help. Has the distro 15.1 been updated so that it can update my distro 12 without getting someone to come in an verify everything works?

Randall E. Black

Randall, you may also check here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15156
Sadly, direct upgrade is currently not available on Zorin Ultimate. I do not know of a timeframe for that.
However, backing up and installing are quite easy and I have every confidence that you can do it. If you like, we can set up a plan to help you be independent and productive with installing and using your O.S.