This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

TP-Link Archer T2U v3 and Archer T2U Plus and T2U Nano

Mark_UK

Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:15:53 pm

I hope this is helpful to anyone looking for a driver to use a USB TP-Link Archer T2U version 3, Archer T2U Plus or T2U Nano wifi adapter with Zorin 15.1 These adapters use the RTL8811AU chipset. The information here will not work with The Archer T2U version 1 and 2, these use a different chipset.

You will need an internet connection, wired or wifi will work fine, I've tried both.
Open a terminal window and enter the following lines. I suggest copy/pasting them into terminal to avoid any mistakes.

Code:
sudo apt install git dkms

Code:
git clone https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8812au.git

Code:
cd rtl8812au

Code:
sudo ./dkms-install.sh

If you had the adapter plugged in while doing this, unplug then plug back in, You should be good to go but if not, a reboot does no harm!.
Now open Network Connections, set up a new wifi connection. For Device set the USB adapter, (will look something like wlxd037553622b49 (A0:27:65:56:4C:49) ) then set the Band to whichever you want. Give it a useful name, maybe include the Band you chose then save it.

Swarfendor437

Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:43:26 pm

Just to point out that the bit that says "CODE: Select All" - left clicking each one in turn copies that command line to clipboard, then open up a Terminal window, right click, paste and go (bearing in mind any sudo commands will require the users login password on first command - once elevated to root, the password won't be asked for again if the terminal window is left open for the next command. ;) :D

Aravisian

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:49:08 pm

Great write-up, Mark.