This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Problem Installing Zorin OS On Del XPS 8700

m5mbx

Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:46:23 pm

I am trying to install Zorin OS Core on my older Dell XPS 8700 desktop. I created a Zorin OS bootable USB drive, successfully booted the USB on the Dell, and started the installation. However the process seems to stall because it doesn't recognize my Dell's HDD, it only sees the USB stick. I'm not sure why this is the case, can anyone help me please? Thank you.

Aravisian

Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:57:50 am

m5mbx wrote:I am trying to install Zorin OS Core on my older Dell XPS 8700 desktop. I created a Zorin OS bootable USB drive, successfully booted the USB on the Dell, and started the installation. However the process seems to stall because it doesn't recognize my Dell's HDD, it only sees the USB stick. I'm not sure why this is the case, can anyone help me please? Thank you.

Is Windows 7 or 10 installed on the Dell notebook? You may need to turn off Fast Boot, secure boot on Windows, then try the installation. Fast boot essentially locks the Drive.

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:05:10 pm

Also in BIOS, if HDD is SATA make sure your hard drive is set to AHCI. ;) :D