This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Errors installing on Acer Aspire E15

RB-7

Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:45:18 pm

I've been trying to install Zorin alongside Windows on my laptop (acer aspire e15) by selecting the "install alongside windows boot manager" option (I don't know enough to try using the advanced partition options on my own), but it keeps failing. It successfully creates a partition, because when I go back into windows disk management, I can see it and have to keep resetting it. I've tried all 3 options: install zorin, nvidia drivers, safe graphics, and they all give me this problem. I have attached some pictures of the error messages that pop up (fyi they seem to be in reverse order). I am using a USB drive that I flashed the iso to like it says in the installation guide, and checked it for errors beforehand, and it has none. What else should I try/why am I getting these error messages?

Thanks

Swarfendor437

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:38:32 pm

Hi can you boot Zorin in Live mode, launch Gparted - just search for it in the Windows 7 menu - you will be asked for password which should be blank. Then use Take Screenshot in Utilities (used to be in Accessories) or again enter it in the menu to bring screenshot up so that we can see the partitioning of your drive to get a clearer picture. One thing that is preventing it is the lack of a 50 Mb efi (ESP) partition formatted to FAT32. ;) :D