This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

reDavide

Wed May 06, 2020 8:59:39 pm

Ciao,
sto cercando di installare Lite su un "vecchio" notebook. Ho caricato la iso scaricata dal sito su pen drive usb eho fatto ripartire il pc. Al riavvio ho selezionato "Try or install Zorin OS" e mi è comparsa una bella videata in cui mi chiede username e psw ?!? Ma non sono ancora entrato, ma neanche nel programma d'installazione; ma quali. E da qui non se ne esce !!
Suggerimenti ...

grazie e ciao
davide

Aravisian

Thu May 07, 2020 7:20:16 am

reDavide wrote:Ciao,
sto cercando di installare Lite su un "vecchio" notebook. Ho caricato la iso scaricata dal sito su pen drive usb eho fatto ripartire il pc. Al riavvio ho selezionato "Try or install Zorin OS" e mi è comparsa una bella videata in cui mi chiede username e psw ?!? Ma non sono ancora entrato, ma neanche nel programma d'installazione; ma quali. E da qui non se ne esce !!
Suggerimenti ...

grazie e ciao
davide

(I'm trying to Install Lite on an " old " notebook. I burned the iso downloaded from the site to USB pen drive and I restarted the pc. When I restart I selected "Try or install Zorin OS" and there appeared a nice screen asking me username and password?!? But I have not yet installed the OS or entered any user or password information. And you can't get out of that screen !!
Suggestions ...)

Did you check the checksum of your download to ensure that it is a legitimate copy of Zorin?

It sounds like you may have logged out while in the Live Mode. Try logging in with Username: live Password ____ (Leave it blank)

Swarfendor437

Thu May 07, 2020 9:07:52 am

Never had that before, only if logout of live session - user should be 'live' or 'liveuser' and no password (leave blank).

Failing that it is corrupt download as Aravisian has pointed out you need to check the checksum/hash key by clicking on the 'i' (informazzione) circle on SourceForge:

ZorinLite hash keys.jpg