This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

can you install zorin os on a tablet?

Hensyr Wolf

Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:16:01 pm

can you install Zorin OS on a tablet?
I ask this because a video of Zorin OS on a tablet is shown on the website of Zorin OS.
and can you install Zorin OS on an all-in-one computer with touchscreen?

Aravisian

Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:20:34 pm

The answer to both questions is "Yes." I do not know the full instructions needed to carry out the installation.
A local Linux Supporter in my area had installed Lite on a Cell Phone as a demonstration, even.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:35:34 pm

I think the question was asked on the forum a while back or a PM response to me - any x86 powered Tablet it will install too - so you would need to check on the processor of the tablet? ;) :D

Hensyr Wolf

Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:45:05 pm

You are real stars, thanks for the info
I would like to know if the installation procedure is the same or with a desktop computer?

Aravisian

Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:08:55 pm

Hensyr Wolf wrote:You are real stars, thanks for the info
I would like to know if the installation procedure is the same or with a desktop computer?

It is Very Different, actually. The way to access the "BIOS" of many Small tablets (Not counting mini-PC's) is a bit complex, all by itself. And you need to patch in, as the installer is designed for a regular computer system.
A knowledgeable and technical person can do it, with a bit more trouble than installing on a PC would be.
But the results are also less than stellar. It is a Neat Trick, but is it worth it?

Using an ARM based Operating System is easier and more compatible and it will work more smoothly, faster and with a lot less patching. It will also have better support.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:24:37 pm

Hi, I think I am going to PM AZorin and ask if he can produce an install guide for Tablets. ;) :D