This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How can I Create a Custom Install of Zorin 15.2 Ultimate

sparks79

Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:31:09 pm

I Hate All the c*** that gets Installed, like Different Audio Apps, Video Apps, Internet Apps etc.
I want to Install Zorin Without all that c***.
I Don't want Firefox for Example, I just want Google Chrome.
And Language Packs, Hell I only need One and thats English US.
Why isn't it possible During Install to Select What you Want.
And Only Install what you want and Not all the Stuff that the developers Think you might Need.
This just creates a Bloated System.
Which creates a lot of work Removing Afterwoods What you Don't want.
There must be some program out there that enables one to Customise your ISO Before Installing.
Any help would be appreciated

Aravisian

Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:55:21 pm

sparks79 wrote:I Hate All the c*** that gets Installed, like Different Audio Apps, Video Apps, Internet Apps etc.
I want to Install Zorin Without all that c***.
I Don't want Firefox for Example, I just want Google Chrome.
And Language Packs, Hell I only need One and thats English US.
Why isn't it possible During Install to Select What you Want.
And Only Install what you want and Not all the Stuff that the developers Think you might Need.
This just creates a Bloated System.
Which creates a lot of work Removing Afterwoods What you Don't want.
There must be some program out there that enables one to Customise your ISO Before Installing.
Any help would be appreciated

That is an incredibly good idea, but sadly, just about impossible currently, to implement. It would require some kind of smartware that can custom build each ISO build each and every download. This transitions from being an ISO file uploaded to a server that is then downloaded - to a private server that handles every single request with an ISO builder. You can imagine the complexity and costs of that.
You could opt for Zorin Core or Zorin Lite. Personally, I prefer a Lean System, as well. I dislike bloat.
The purpose of purchasing Ultimate is to support the developers so that Zorin keeps running and also to provide a bundle package that provides all the OPTIONS that you may wish to explore the pros and cons of.
Once you have settled on an app or software that suits you the best, you can then remove the rest that did not make the cut.
Unlike windows, you do not have a fragmentation problem nor a registry to get bloated. The extra software takes up space, but is not .dll hell.
Having extra installed software does not bog or slow you down. I realize that it is a lot of work to go through and remove a bunch of stuff. Maybe we can take it one step at a time and clean your system up nicely as you work, without you needing to do it all at once.