This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED]Win program won't install+NetFramework 3.5 needed

pcfan5

Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:13:34 pm

Hello, I 've trying to run this program "rt_7_lite_win7_Vista_x86_sp-2.6.0" under linux. It is imposible. I 've learn that "mon Runtime" is a or could be a substitute for .NETframework , which is needed for this program, the issue is that I cannot run it with Wine , it ask for a .NETframework version higher than 3.5, so I tired several commands to install it, I also learned that Winetreaks could help ( I didn't knwo how to mannage it), Playonlinux,gave the same error than Wine. Also tried to change wine settings, set compatible for "windows xp" the rt_7_lite_win7_Vista_x86_sp-2.6.0 or its version for x64 , didn't run.

I downloaded .Netframework from here [url]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displayLang=es
[/url]
then tried to install it with mono runtime, it didn't work. As I thought mono wasn't install so I did all of this: (maybe 3rd order is wrong I took it from a tutorial, I cannot find now where)

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF

Code:
sudo apt install mono-devel

sudo apt update

echo "deb https://download.mono-project.com/repo/ubuntu stable-bionic main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list

sudo apt install mono-devel

Tried installing .NetFramework with mono (left click , run with...) It didn't work.

All in all, is it possible to run "rt_7_lite_win7_somehow?" :roll: :?:

Swarfendor437

Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:19:22 pm

pcfan5

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:18:19 am

Thank you for your reply!. I will took a better look with a clean head tomorrow, so far it seems quite complicated for me, but I would take another look. (they seem to be testing another program, aren't they?)

zorinantwerp

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:28:45 am

Hi pcfan5

it is not my intention to get you 'off road' in your attempts by why not using 'oracle virtual box'
even ms-dos is possible :)

cheers :)

Swarfendor437

Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:07:18 pm

Hi zorinantwerp, as pcfan5's rig only has 2 Gig of RAM that will be a non-starter as .net need Windows, not DOS 6.22 - unless you know different! ;) :D :P

pcfan5

Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:16:48 pm

Hi guys! I have 4 GB RAM , I have already tried running the program in a windows7 enviroment in Virtual Box (I did this before asking hahaha but the soft "7RT-7 litle" got "corrupted" and it didn't seemed to be compatible with W7, altough I run it in XP compatible choise, It crushed) , however I didn't know I was possible to run .NETframework alone. Thank you for the tip "Zorninawerp", ... I had just grab my mom's laptop (Windows) to try it there :/ , but now I will try with your suggestion. Thanks

zorinantwerp

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:41:08 pm

Hi pcfan5

for me back to square one I am afraid. why do you wish to use this software?
"rt_7_lite_win7_Vista_x86_sp-2.6.0" is windows 7 configuration tool in 32bits with timestamp 3 Jan 2010 by Rockers Team. your computer is 32 or 64 bits? You should not use slipstreamed software :(

do I understand correctly that you wish a configuration based on Zorin 12.4 core (or ultimate) and running windows 7 in virtual mode? (wine or oracle)

if you use dual booting with several OS installed and NAS then I must leave it to Swarfendor437 to help you out

sorry pal :geek:

pcfan5

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:41:31 pm

Hi!, I must apologize I mentioned that soft x86, when in fact I had both on my computer this and x64 , I copied the name wrongly, I wanted that to tried to get only one version of Windows7 , after all It didn-t work since the size result were the same. I got that soft to work under a Windows10 machine and it was full of publicity, so I gave it up after I discovered what I have mentioned.

I have a windows 7 running in Oracle Virtual Machine. All in all, I am sorry to say I don't need this software any longer, but I will appreciate your opinions just to learn.

zorinantwerp

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:08:57 am

Hi pcfan5

relax we love to have you with us. leave it to Swarfendor437 to comment if he wishes so.

Swarfendor437

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:56:20 pm

Hi pcfan5,

Sorry for the delay but I wanted to see what this program does. Basically, I think it needs to live inside a Windows installation which you can then customise to make an .iso for future installs - say for example you don't want any games or Media Player but add apps that you want to be present from the get go - so 'Computer Says No'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... yPD0U_FO4Y

pcfan5

Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:45:45 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi pcfan5,

Sorry for the delay but I wanted to see what this program does. Basically, I think it needs to live inside a Windows installation which you can then customise to make an .iso for future installs - say for example you don't want any games or Media Player but add apps that you want to be present from the get go - so 'Computer Says No'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... yPD0U_FO4Y

Thank yo for your replay, I don't know how but I managed to install the game , as a matter of fact I did it through wine, following a guide for another game of the same brand.

I am absent of the forum because I am very bussy... but I will come back. Regards.

zorinantwerp

Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:29:53 pm

in anticipation of pcfan5s return I close this tread :)

Swarfendor437

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:33:20 pm

Just to add if you can get hold of Linux Magazine in your country the November issue has a whole article on running .NET CORE framework on GNU/Linux. ;) :D

pcfan5

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:32:05 pm

Hi guys! I am sorry I answer so late, the fact is that program isn't even supported nowdays. I run it in a windows 10 computer and It is unstable, however the issue about net framework is still instresting to solve. I would watch that youtuve video , later.