Touchpad settings are not available in Zorin OS 12.2 Core

Re: Touchpad settings are not available in Zorin OS 12.2 Cor

Postby cpiroot » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:19 am

Finston Pickle wrote:Hi ZorinAntwerp,

Just wondered if you could lead me through how to get both features enabled - the same as you have.

Thanks in anticipation

F.P.

I had the same issue. The settings for the touchpad were not showing up in the standard Mouse and Touchpad settings. I use both single touch click and scrolling on the touchpad and I really need these to work for me in order to call a distro - feature complete.

I found a work around, which did the trick beautifully. I hope it works for you. I am using a Dell Latitude E5570 and I installed Zorin 12.4 Ultimate. I opened the Software store and installed Welcome. From there I used it to launch a different control center app. Here are the steps:
- Open Software store
- Under category "System" (Other tab) select and install the Welcome app
- Once the Welcome app is installed, launch it directly from the Software store
- When the new window opens click on the "Getting Started" button
- On the next window click on the "Customization" button
- Under "Customization" select the "Control Center" button. This will launch a control panel, which is different from the default Zorin Settings panel
- A new window will pop up called "Control Center". Select the "Mouse" button
- When the next window pops up click the touchpad tab and select the "Enable horizontal scrolling" radio button
- If you are like me you may also want to select the "Enables mouse clicks with touchpad" radio button as well

Admittedly, it is a long work around. However, it worked for my Dell Latitude and I hope it works for you.
cpiroot

Previous

Return to Help and Support