This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

problem with Playonlinux

kinu

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:46:52 pm

I am using playonlinux to install some windows apps. If I uninstall the app later the icons still remains there when I open playonlinux menu. How can I kick them out of the list? I have uninstalled AIMP2 and AIMP3 but clearly they are still there though they wont run when clicked

kinu

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02:25 pm

Not solved,! even i couldn't navigate to targets mentioned

Deadly Ernest

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:18:50 pm

kinu wrote:Not solved,! even i couldn't navigate to targets mentioned

G'day,

In case you still have this issue, here's what you need to know and check - there are TWO places where the game or program files can be stored when loaded through WINE. One is in the WINE folder and one is in the PLAYONLINUX folder. Both are hidden files. So regardless of what file manager program you use (I load and use Dolphin as I find it easier to use than Nautalis) you need to go to your HOME directory and set it to show HIDDEN files - this will then show a heap of extra files and folders in the directory and they will have '.' before them - one is .wine and another is .PlayOnLinux - - the directory list for where the game / application program folders are as below:

> Home > .wine > drive_c > Program Files

> Home > .PlayOnLinux > wineprefix

NB: the two directories immediately in the Home folder will only be visible if 'Show hidden files' is active

Regards,

Ernest

Deadly Ernest

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:35:14 pm

G'day,

I thought I already posted a response on this, but it doesn't appear to be showing, so I may have messed up the posting. If it appears twice, sorry.

The issue with the program folders loaded via WINE is that they can appear in one of two places. Also, you need to have your Home folder tagged to show hidden files as the base directories are hidden, and are shown with a dot before the name. The two locations are:

Home -- .wine -- drive_c -- Program File

Home -- .PlayOnLinux --wineprefix

Within these two folders you will find folders for the installed programs (applications or games)

Regards,

Ernest

Wolfman

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:12:46 am

Here is a website which may help you running Wine:

http://www.winehq.org/

Regards Wolfman :D