This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Brasero cd/dvd burner error

kinu

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:36:16 am

Screenshot1.jpeg
brasero error
Screenshot1.jpeg (150.92 KiB)
Guys, I am getting this error when I try to burn a cd or dvd. Ihave tried several cds and dvds all the time same error

garrydb

Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:46:07 am

it has been my experience to use k3b, which, I believe is the best. I have used k3b for about 7 years on several distros, and it just, works.. Hope this helps

Wolfman

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:29:42 am

It looks like it doesn't like the disk type but I could be wrong there, try playing a DVD in the drive and see if you have a problem with it.

How old is the burner?.

Regards Wolfman:)

shengchieh

Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:09:17 am

xfburn is another alternative and is lighter than k3b if you are worried about space. Overall, k3b has more features.

Sheng-Chieh

p.s. I have problems with brasero is the past.

Linx

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:38:13 am

sudo apt-get install k3b

k3b is designed for the kde desktop .. but works fine in gnome and whatever else you want to call our look alike
k3b is the best out there ... and has a sweet UI ... I could train my mom to use it (and that says more than you know, she can't find the downloads folder in windows, or download an app on the android tablet)

Auldyin

Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:10:12 pm

I uninstalled Brasero after I found it didn't work on DVD+ only DVD- and I had a pack of 50 DVD+.
I installed Gnomebaker which works OK. Then when I needed more options K3b which also works OK. K3b also installed in System Tools an extra program Nepomuk Backup which doesn't work but seems to be necessary for K3b.