This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Start Button Problem

ottokevinmichael

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:20:19 am

There are times that when I click the start button on zorin os 5, I can only see the "browse internet" and "about me" menu. I think that they are beneath the taskbar... And there are also times that when I click the start button, the Icons on the left side are duplicated... Thanks for the person who will help me ouT ;D

ottokevinmichael

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:29:10 pm

I already ran the 'Additional Drivers' and My screen resolution is 1280 by 800 which is the right resolution for my laptop I also have the right graphics card by entering "lpsci" or what in the terminal ... The problem is occurring randomly... and I also experience Compiz FREEZING... Any ways on how to avoid these?? thank you for the reply :D

ottokevinmichael

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:21:50 am

what are the ways or is your suggestion for a new user like me to avoid these problems??

:D

ottokevinmichael

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:33:00 am

Thank you for the advice.... Well additional problem.... whenever I open my computer, then zorin starts loading... before zorin opens my desktop,... it displays horizontal lines with black and blue combination in the screen, after that, I can access my desktop... Wonder how to fix it...