This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

hi an issue ....yet i havent found yet solution......

kairomatrix

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:24:31 am

To try to explain the bug.. recently i did right click the mouse boton for to make a particular audio player [ of several i have ] play my music folder (this efectively did this [ action ]) but then when in the star menu bar i do click in document , images or my personal folder the player is inmediate activated. But i dont want to play my personal folder only see my document . Someone had experiment an issue lkie this? and had found a solution? I will be very happy if someone tell me something about this problem thanks!

kairomatrix

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:01:40 am

Hi, thanks for your attention. [swarfendor437]. altough originally i bought zorin ultimate 5, 32 bit - my latop is 64 bit . For this reason i downloaded too zorin 5, 64bit. and is installed right now. I had downloaded too zorin 3.1 for to prove in my latop but when was installed - no sound in the sistem - thast was the result. Finally i have zorin 5, 64 actually. This issue of not funtion in the menu over [search ] isnt too dramatical to me because i am using the " file administrator in the tray (icon) "down"|menu for to find my files. But could be annoy if this is persistent [ i think] in future version of the distro. My latop is an amd 64 , 2 gigabites ram, 250 hard disc and maybe 4 month of be purchased - new. Relative a new latop computer. I had installed other softwares using sinaptic and the center of softwares provided in the sistem. dont know any other important detail i can say for to get an advice by now. But could be interesting to know if someone else had experiment the same situation and if found a solution . At moment not represent an big problem [ dont know if installing new software i had generated a conflict or somethin like incompativility of some nature in the sistem - but as is my opinion , for to maintain the " developer " informed of this and to take care in the future distro version ; i thinks i suppouse are working right now. anyway i like zorin too much and this will be in my latop permanently. Thank for read my post!! [ to the zorin conmunity too!]

Wolfman

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:11:22 pm

My advice is to stick with 32 Bit even if you have 64 Bit PC, there are still issues with some packages running on 64 Bit, some are not even available!!.

Try re-installing 32Bit only and start again, see if you still have problems, don't try and install a 64 Bit package on a 32 Bit PC.

The only disadvantage to 32 Bit is that you lose a little RAM if you have more than 4GB, to compensate this, you can install the PAE kernel!!.

Regards Wolfman:)

davidlkay86

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:58:12 pm

i have the exact same problem and was assuming that there was a setting somewhere i hadnt found yet, im running 3.1.1 32 bit on a toshiba satalite l305-s5944 with pentium 2.16 ghz and 2 gib ram. and yes anytime i try to view my folders through the start menu or click "view download folder" in g-chrome it opens up media player and tries to run the files there.... i am very interested to see if there are any fixes for this and will surely post if i find a way on my own

Wolfman

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:38:57 am

Hi David,

I think if you click on a file in your home folder with a right click and go to properties, then "open with", you should be able to determine which program opens what!!.

See the pic for an idea of what I mean!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

skype-debian_2.0.0.68-1_i386.deb Properties_004.png
skype-debian_2.0.0.68-1_i386.deb Properties_004.png (31.73 KiB)

davidlkay86

Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:32:45 am

nice, i bet that will help me when im trying to install something with wine and only archive manager is available as an option. ive been finding my ways around that little issue but its time consuming.
you rock wolfman. i know i have more to ask you about but im incredibly too tired to remember or explain clearly right now. thanks for your help

davidlkay86

Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:35:22 am

just did it, took me a whole 5 seconds, worked. it looked a little different on mine, you must be running 5? or maybe its just the look changer. on mine theres no "open with" in the properties i right clicked and clicked on " open with other application....."

Wolfman

Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57:53 am

Hi David,

I am running Zorin5 with the Gnome desktop and Zorin dark theme!!.

Workspace 1_005.png
Workspace 1_005.png (1.14 MiB)

davidlkay86

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:00:21 am

thought of a question, not a big deal but i was wondering what was up with the lost+found folder that is in every drive, i have no permissions to even view it because "you are not the owner". i wouldnt waste a bunch of time tryin to figure it out or nothing i was just wonderin if you knew.

davidlkay86

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:06:23 am

dude.. thats pretty sweet. im gonna have to donate soon n get me one.

Wolfman

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:13:55 am

Hi David,

here is an answer too your question about lost and found:

http://tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Filesystem-Hi ... found.html

I am waiting with interest as to what Zorin6 will be like.

Gnome3 is still in the infancy stage and there is a lot of work ahead to make it easy to configure, at the moment, there are too many restrictions on what you can do with a Gnome3 desktop. The only one I have found so far that works out of the box is PinguyOS; Pinguy (Antoni Norman) has done a lot of great work in making it easy to use!!.