This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Internal microphone. [SOLVED]

ricepicker

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:42:21 pm

Hello guys, great work with this distro. It's rocking!

However, I've been wrestling with this problem the last 12 hours..
The webcam is working out of the box, sound aswell. But the internal microphone is not working at all (It does in xubuntu 11.10).

So I've been playing around with the sound settings and profiles but with no success, but now I found a complete thread about the same model I'm using (Aspire one 722) which contains all sorts of solutions to a list of various problems (However, this is for ubuntu 11.04, but I thought hey.. this is built from ubuntu).
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1811178

The thread told me to download alsa-hda-dkms-acer3830tg_0.1_all.deb which can be found in the software centre, but when I try to install it software centre is telling me "depency is not satisfiable: dkms (>=1.95)".

Any solutions?

Thank you.

Wolfman

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:14:34 pm

If you are using Skype, stick with pulse audio and don't let Skype control the audio settings!!.

Look at preferences in sound control and check the input level on the mic!!.

Regards Wolfman:)

ricepicker

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:49:45 pm

Hi guys, thank you for the replies!

I updated the system and then went for dkms on the software centre followed by the fix from the thread. Now the external are working as intended. And that is good enough for me.

Thank you fellas!

How do I mark this thread as solved?