This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Newbie still needs some help.

carlynn

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:18:25 pm

I have been using Zorin 5 now for a couple days and I really like it. I just still have one problem. I can not type stuff properly as the letters lag behind and sometimes I can have 10 letters typed and they have a long delay showing up on the screen. I could not even type this and had to go back to my windows machine.

My windows types fine and I also have a mac and it works fine to. My husband changed they keyboard and also the mouse for me and still the same thing.

Has anyone had the same problem. I am using an older compaq presario sr5010nx desktop. I wanted to check and see how everything works before putting on my new computer. Oh I also wanted to mention that I had Ubuntu 11.10 on trying it before I put zorin 5 on and I did not have any problems with the typing either.

I don't want to give up this OS as I really like it, I just have to figure out this problem.

Wolfman

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:03:15 pm

Hi,

go into Control Center > Hardware > Keyboard...... and check all the settings there!, you can adjust the speed among other things!!.

Regards Wolfman:)

jahboi

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:23:32 pm

i noticed this as well with my usb mouse, it lags
i wonder why :)

Linx

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:02:37 am

are you using 32 bit version ?

if not try doing so ...I have heard of some hardware/software virtulization that will allow 64 bit OS to run on a 32 bit machine but it causes LOTS of lag issues ...